Who eats sardines, if so, how?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
fwiw, you can get canned eel from the asian market that is even better than deenz or kippers imo. it's not as good as sushi grade eel, in fact it's a completely different eel altogether, but mixed with rice it's even better than kippers.

edit: it's the sauce. the sauce isn't like a japanese eel sauce, it's like a char siu. so like an asian bbq sauce with anise and fennel (chinese five spice). it's so gooooood

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up eating a concoction my dad would make. He made a big bowl, at least a gallon size, of rice, he would mix in ketchup, the a few cans of sardines. My dad was very heathy and I think this was a well bablanced meal with all the vitamins, minerals and healthy oils for heart health.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I grew up eating a concoction my dad would make. He made a big bowl, at least a gallon size, of rice, he would mix in ketchup, the a few cans of sardines. My dad was very heathy and I think this was a well bablance meal with all the vitamins, minerals and healthy oils for heart health.
at some during any given week, i will make white rice for some meal. i usually make a bunch, whatever the "3" comes to on the rice cooker lol. this gives enough for rice for the meal, then i fridge the rest.

day old fridge rice makes the best fried rice. so sometime in the next few days i make fried rice. i'll toss in a can of kippers or crab or eel for easy protein and good fat. bag of frozen veggies, 3 eggs, and you don't really taste it at all.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dogs love them as a treat and I am trying to incorporate them into my diet for the health benefits, but I am picky. For awhile, I was buying the fillets and manually removing the red lateral lines. However, it is a hassle and the fillets cost more so I am trying to work myself up to eating the more whole sardines that have the guts and head removed, but still have the bones and lateral lines. I've read before that the lateral lines in fish are bitter and not good for you, so i just wanted to ask if anyone eats sardines bones and all, or if it truly is better to spend the extra time and money to do the fillets as I was previously doing before I stopped.

Aside from my specific questions, how do you like to eat them in general for those of you that eat them?
I only eat one sardine now all else’s is garbage
362EFADA-2867-4195-B782-6B58A65F71C1.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom