Who eats sardines, if so, how?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boaty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
De-boned, With Mustard sauce, on crackers with cheese. Sometimes with lemon dill tuna. High in OMEGA-3. Good for you and great to have in your prepper supplies

Lewis F Jones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All the above, Personally, I prefer Sardines in Mustard and the Beachcliff brand Fish steaks in Hot Sauce. If I'm in the mood and don't have one or the other I just add Tabasco or Ground mustard like Zatarain's or Poupon, and sometimes on a saltine with a cold Shiner Bock or a regular Bud. Tried sardines with Hot Green Chilies. Wasn't too impressed with the "hot". It really didn't deliver. Had to add a bit of some Serranos from the Garden (dried and frozen)

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dogs love them as a treat and I am trying to incorporate them into my diet for the health benefits, but I am picky. For awhile, I was buying the fillets and manually removing the red lateral lines. However, it is a hassle and the fillets cost more so I am trying to work myself up to eating the more whole sardines that have the guts and head removed, but still have the bones and lateral lines. I've read before that the lateral lines in fish are bitter and not good for you, so i just wanted to ask if anyone eats sardines bones and all, or if it truly is better to spend the extra time and money to do the fillets as I was previously doing before I stopped.

Aside from my specific questions, how do you like to eat them in general for those of you that eat them?
I like them on Ritz crackers or any other salty, buttery cracker.

Latest posts

Top Bottom