Who else has caught the COVID ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a mild case back in november 2020. I lost all sense of taste and smell. It took many months to get some sense of taste back. I did not do anything special to fight it other than taking some zinc and vit C supplements. Never had a problem breathing but had a 101 temp for a couple days.

My wife who was vaxxed caught it november 2021 and got the antibodies and antibiotics regimen I am still unvaxxed and did not re catch it from her.

My sense of smell seems to be limited to getting the first whiff of something and then it fades off and I can't smell it anymore.

I will add that both my parents had it in november 2020 also. Dad is 81 yrs old, Mother is 79 and still works part time. Neither of them are vaxxed. Mother is a diabetic . Neither of them had trouble with breathing. Made Dad really weak but has had decling heath for some years. He still keeps the yard mowed and vehicles running.

Yeti695

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Cant say for sure I've had it never went to get tested. Back in mid Jan 20, my wife took at business trip to Dallas, a few of the people came back sick. She was one them. I got felt horrible for 3 days, then again around May of last year got sick again. I hate it for you, hope you get better. Plus this forum is pretty good, a lot of good people here.

RCSteve19

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a mild case back in november 2020. I lost all sense of taste and smell. It took many months to get some sense of taste back. I did not do anything special to fight it other than taking some zinc and vit C supplements. Never had a problem breathing but had a 101 temp for a couple days.

My wife who was vaxxed caught it november 2021 and got the antibodies and antibiotics regimen I am still unvaxxed and did not re catch it from her.

My sense of smell seems to be limited to getting the first whiff of something and then it fades off and I can't smell it anymore.

I will add that both my parents had it in november 2020 also. Dad is 81 yrs old, Mother is 79 and still works part time. Neither of them are vaxxed. Mother is a diabetic . Neither of them had trouble with breathing. Made Dad really weak but has had decling heath for some years. He still keeps the yard mowed and vehicles running.
i am glad your doing good and also your parents...I like you am having problems with taste of food...hope we both get that sense back....take care

RCSteve19

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cant say for sure I've had it never went to get tested. Back in mid Jan 20, my wife took at business trip to Dallas, a few of the people came back sick. She was one them. I got felt horrible for 3 days, then again around May of last year got sick again. I hate it for you, hope you get better. Plus this forum is pretty good, a lot of good people here.
I hate you got it the 1st time......wondering was it worse or a lighter case the 2nd time ?

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got the COVID and tested positive last week. Since then just been resting at home and was happy to find this website.

Just wondering how many of the members have caught the COVID or some variant and how long it lasted for you?

I am on day 7.

I wish everyone well and good health.
A bunch of us have. Mrs Monkey and I caught it for Christmas 2020. Both mild cases, by day 7 we were better. My smell and taste have never fully recovered, hers did. We both had been taking a regimen of vitamins and supplements recommended by a university in Virginia since March of 20. I have hypertension, use tobacco, drink alcohol, don't exercise and I'm obese. On paper, I probably should have died but I didn't.

RCSteve19

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
A bunch of us have. Mrs Monkey and I caught it for Christmas 2020. Both mild cases, by day 7 we were better. My smell and taste have never fully recovered, hers did. We both had been taking a regimen of vitamins and supplements recommended by a university in Virginia since March of 20. I have hypertension, use tobacco, drink alcohol, don't exercise and I'm obese. On paper, I probably should have died but I didn't.
I am glad you & wife are doing well. God Bless

Latest posts

Top Bottom