Who else has caught the COVID ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After the wife's heart doctor told her that she needed to get the J&J vaccine (he specifically stated J&J instead of Phizer or Moderna), we went to the county health department in Blanchard and got the J&J. We were told that if we wanted, we could get another shot 1 year later. No mention of doing a booster in just a few months.

I had no side effects at all, and the wife mostly just had a feeling of being a little off and had some pain in the arm where she got the shot. We are both doing just fine.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I'm still here. 😁 Today it is a sore throat that BURNS. 😣 Still have minor body aches. And headaches. No chest rattle. O2 is 100-96. I do have some balance issues I don't recall seeing anyone else mention. And I have slept ALL day. And guess who's fixing to go back to bed after she does her breathing exercises. 😉😁

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I'm still here. 😁 Today it is a sore throat that BURNS. 😣 Still have minor body aches. And headaches. No chest rattle. O2 is 100-96. I do have some balance issues I don't recall seeing anyone else mention. And I have slept ALL day. And guess who's fixing to go back to bed after she does her breathing exercises. 😉😁
Hang in there! Broom is where ya left it!

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never got tested for it but, I think I had it almost a year ago. I felt tired and ackee for 3 or 4 days and then I was fine. My sense of smell barely works now and that is the only reason I think I had it.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you saying you didn't run a fever when you had Covid?? (Asking for a friend 🤦🤦🤦 who has a headache -- different from the usual BS, a sore throat, and the sniffles ...)

I caught the original variant this time last year. Ran a fever, never got a headache, was completely wiped out and weak. Pulseox started dropping and I went in and go the monoclonals, turned a corner in 24-36hrs. There was a bit of a hangover for a week.

Was not vaccinated, then several months later, I got the shot (both) when Delta came out and my wife who was working bedside ICU for the first year and half of Covid said this one was really bad. No issues since, no reaction.

Omicron seems significantly less potent per her observances, but obviously a LOT of people are getting it at once.

Last edited:

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wow...starting to have all sorts of psychosomatic symptoms....must stop reading this thread.....
My doctor told me my symptoms were psychosomatic.
I said, "So... you're telling me you think I'm crazy."
He said, "Well... I wouldn't put it in those terms. But...."
I said, very sarcastically, "WELL! You don't mind if I get a SECOND OPINION..."
He said, "I don't mind at all. I also think you're pretty ugly."
:laugh6:

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good you're still kicking and 02 sounds like its decent. I find success gargling with jalepeno juice followed a few minutes later by warm salt water gargle for a sore throat (sequence doesn't matter so you could switch it up or skip the jalapeno and go straight for the salt water) -
YMMV. You're right - few mention balance issues (although I remember seeing others mention it elsewhere), but I had them before Covid and when they got a little worse after Covid I didn't think too much about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom