Who Else Likes Both Glocks and 1911's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like 'em both! I don't get it about why some people can only do one or the other. I don't have a problem switching back and forth carrying or shooting them either. Anybody else the same way?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I admit to having a S&W M&P, a Kimber, and a Ruger MK IV...but mainly I fiddle with, carry, and shoot the Glocks and 1911 pistols most.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glocks are great but like everything size matters (no matter what women say...Ha!). I wear Medium Large golf glove but not perfectly. Palms are a bit larger and it just creates an odd hold on the glock. Have no problems with any other style/type/cal of hand gun other than glock. The gun is great, my problem is figuring out a way to adapt it to my anatomy or visa versa. I think now with my red dot installed, I will be shooting it much more and could work it out with the change in my mechanics.
I may have it narrowed to the finger grooves as the issue. If so, I may have a solution by adding a rubber sleeve.

Rubber sleeves suck, regardless which appendage they're intended for.

Remove the finger grooves and hit it with a soldering iron tip.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Shoot many, many rounds through my 1911s, I have Glocks (17.19,21,22,23) for their high capacity and low price. Only reload for .45 so the 9mm is a plus for plinking ammo as well. 40s are snake guns for the spousal element and I around the ranch loaded with rat shot. Love my 1911s, but am not afraid to drop one of the glocks in the pond trying to pull a stuck calf out. Might cry a bit if any of the 1911s had the same mishap.

ShaunyP26

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like 'em both! I don't get it about why some people can only do one or the other. I don't have a problem switching back and forth carrying or shooting them either. Anybody else the same way?

I hadn't heard this. I have a glock, but really want a Kimber Raptor. I just can't "pull the trigger" at that price point.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first pistol purchase was a Glock 21. I wanted to like it, and I bought a new one but never shot as well with it as I thought I was capable of. It just didnt work for me. Then I shot a buddies Springfield 1911 and my groups drastically shrunk in size. Go back to the Glock and they were 3x the size of the 1911. So...I sold the Glock bought a 1911 just like the one I had shot and have been happy since. To each their own....but the 1911 just WORKS for me.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have them both and like them both. Eventually I figured it made more sense to standardize a bit for my vehicle guns, carry guns, home stash guns, etc. and 1911 won that I think because I also really like the .45 round and feel like my Glocks in .45 were a bit bulky. I do have a Glock 17, Kel-Tec Sub 2000 and AR-15 that all use the Glock mags. I also have a couple of Glocks in .40. Sigh...

pbaumei

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a friend that got this really pretty Kimber 1911 as a cruise gun. custom slide, grips, sn, etc... from Kimber. has an f-18 etched plan view into the top of the slide, squadron logo into the grips and sides of the slide, super nice... one day it may get fired... i'm sure it will work, but it deserves a trophy case its so damn beautiful!
Same guy has a Glock 21, it has 5K-10K maybe 15K, who's counting, rounds through it... then I cleaned it, it still went bang and shot a 1" group of 4 from 15 yards.
but I like both... just differently

Latest posts

Top Bottom