Who Else Likes Both Glocks and 1911's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Have both, like both, want more of both.

Here's an interesting comparison:
1911 w/ 10rds 9mm
i157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_Guns_1911_1911_9mm_zpskolmwcol.jpg

Glock 19 w/ 31rds 9mm AND weapon light
i157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_Guns_Glock_Glock_31rd_SSL_1_zpsvap4xzrh.jpg

daDozer

New to the site!
Reaction score
I like 'em both! I don't get it about why some people can only do one or the other. I don't have a problem switching back and forth carrying or shooting them either. Anybody else the same way?

Hey guys, new to the forum here. I'm from Moore, OK. Been a shooter most of my life and just started to dabble in hunting, just looking for a local pro-gun community to be apart of.

Anyways, I love them both. It's just a different kind of love of each for me! I don't tend to carry my 1911's, ever really, while I do carry my G19 everyday and shoot it weekly. But I can't say I love my 1911s any less! I definitely don't shoot my 1911's as much either, as I prefer to be more proficient with my daily carry.

While I do shoot it from time to time, my 1911s are more of an admiration kind of love. When I have some free time I'll bring it out, break it down, give it a good cleaning and just admire the hell out of it. It's like if I had a Ferrari in the garage but drove a Honda to work everyday.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum here. I'm from Moore, OK. Been a shooter most of my life and just started to dabble in hunting, just looking for a local pro-gun community to be apart of.

Anyways, I love them both. It's just a different kind of love of each for me! I don't tend to carry my 1911's, ever really, while I do carry my G19 everyday and shoot it weekly. But I can't say I love my 1911s any less! I definitely don't shoot my 1911's as much either, as I prefer to be more proficient with my daily carry.

While I do shoot it from time to time, my 1911s are more of an admiration kind of love. When I have some free time I'll bring it out, break it down, give it a good cleaning and just admire the hell out of it. It's like if I had a Ferrari in the garage but drove a Honda to work everyday.

Well, welcome to OSA. Glad to have you; hang around and become part of our community. Lots of good info and people here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How are the Kahr's? I've thought about adding one. They're a nice looking gun for the money, or at least the budget line they have that Cabelas usually stocks. The MK9 is the nicer one, right????

The super short ones like the PM's have been known to have reliability issues (mostly feeding). All Kahrs benefit from extensive firing when new before relying on then for defense. 250-500 rounds is not too much. They're tight, which is one reason they have good accuracy. The CW series is budget, K, P, and PM are mid-range (Kahr still calls them premium) and T & MK series are top end. The sights are SUPER tight in the dovetails, so opt for night sights up front if you ever plan to have them. The triggers are the stand out feature for two reasons. They're long double action in feel, but light and incredibly smooth. Not Para Ordinance LDA light, but in the 5-7# range. The best direct comparison I can come up with is the Ruger LCR trigger, but it's even smoother and a touch lighter. Recoil springs are stiff due to the light slide weight and really stiff on the short ones, so consider that if hand or upper body strength is an issue. That's one reason I think people have issues with the PM & MK series guns (more on the PM side).

I've owned a couple and shot quite a few and like them. I think the P9 and TP9 are the best of the bunch as far as shooters you can carry well. They're just less bulky than anything else in their range.

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've owned several finely tuned high end 1911's. But when Suarez started putting RMR'S on Glocks with cowitnessed irons, I switched. Never looked back. With fitted Barsto barrels, my Glocks are every bit as accurate as my 1911's, and more so because of the red dot.

I also carry a lot more 9mm ammo than I could with a 45. More bullets is better than big bullets, imo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom