Who Else Likes Both Glocks and 1911's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShaunyP26

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The super short ones like the PM's have been known to have reliability issues (mostly feeding). All Kahrs benefit from extensive firing when new before relying on then for defense. 250-500 rounds is not too much. They're tight, which is one reason they have good accuracy. The CW series is budget, K, P, and PM are mid-range (Kahr still calls them premium) and T & MK series are top end. The sights are SUPER tight in the dovetails, so opt for night sights up front if you ever plan to have them. The triggers are the stand out feature for two reasons. They're long double action in feel, but light and incredibly smooth. Not Para Ordinance LDA light, but in the 5-7# range. The best direct comparison I can come up with is the Ruger LCR trigger, but it's even smoother and a touch lighter. Recoil springs are stiff due to the light slide weight and really stiff on the short ones, so consider that if hand or upper body strength is an issue. That's one reason I think people have issues with the PM & MK series guns (more on the PM side).

I've owned a couple and shot quite a few and like them. I think the P9 and TP9 are the best of the bunch as far as shooters you can carry well. They're just less bulky than anything else in their range.

The look of them kind of reminds me of the old Smith and Wesson Sigma's, which was actually my first ever purchase 10 or so years back. It was okay, but it seemed to have jamming issues even with all different types of ammo. Next purchase is a 22 pistol for the wife, since she refuses to even shoot anything bigger than that and it's hard enough to get her to even shoot.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The look of them kind of reminds me of the old Smith and Wesson Sigma's, which was actually my first ever purchase 10 or so years back. It was okay, but it seemed to have jamming issues even with all different types of ammo. Next purchase is a 22 pistol for the wife, since she refuses to even shoot anything bigger than that and it's hard enough to get her to even shoot.

They definitely don't feel of shoot like a Sigma though! The K9 series is a pretty refined piece that just feels solid as a rock.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I have the CM9 (the economy subcompact poly framed gun). For the money it's hard to beat in that size category. Only thing smaller I'm aware of is the KelTec PF-9, and the Kahr blows it out of the water for fit & finish and shooting comfort - both trigger and recoil management. I picked mine up used for under $300.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's possible, but one things for sure, they're really good at tap rack bang.

Seeing as how Glock and the 1911 platform utterly dominate the competition circuits, I'd say they work pretty well if you know what you're doing. Pretty much all of my wins came with either a Glock or 1911, except for the two seasons I ran S&W revolvers. Malfs were exceedingly rare, though I'd have to give the nod to my Glocks in that category overall.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The super short ones like the PM's have been known to have reliability issues (mostly feeding). All Kahrs benefit from extensive firing when new before relying on then for defense. 250-500 rounds is not too much. They're tight, which is one reason they have good accuracy. The CW series is budget, K, P, and PM are mid-range (Kahr still calls them premium) and T & MK series are top end. The sights are SUPER tight in the dovetails, so opt for night sights up front if you ever plan to have them. The triggers are the stand out feature for two reasons. They're long double action in feel, but light and incredibly smooth. Not Para Ordinance LDA light, but in the 5-7# range. The best direct comparison I can come up with is the Ruger LCR trigger, but it's even smoother and a touch lighter. Recoil springs are stiff due to the light slide weight and really stiff on the short ones, so consider that if hand or upper body strength is an issue. That's one reason I think people have issues with the PM & MK series guns (more on the PM side).

I've owned a couple and shot quite a few and like them. I think the P9 and TP9 are the best of the bunch as far as shooters you can carry well. They're just less bulky than anything else in their range.
I agree with all this. I've pocket carried a PM9 for many years, and it's the best pocket-9 I've found.

Latest posts

Top Bottom