Who Else Likes Both Glocks and 1911's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Seeing as how Glock and the 1911 platform utterly dominate the competition circuits, I'd say they work pretty well if you know what you're doing. Pretty much all of my wins came with either a Glock or 1911, except for the two seasons I ran S&W revolvers. Malfs were exceedingly rare, though I'd have to give the nod to my Glocks in that category overall.

That's where I see a lot of malfunctions. I shoot USPSA, steel challenge, and 3 gun.

I use M&P's
The only issue I've had is, if running mag extensions, the springs need replacement every 500 or so rounds. If you keep on top of that and squirt some lube in on occasion, they'll run all day.

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's where I see a lot of malfunctions. I shoot USPSA, steel challenge, and 3 gun.

I use M&P's
The only issue I've had is, if running mag extensions, the springs need replacement every 500 or so rounds. If you keep on top of that and squirt some lube in on occasion, they'll run all day.

Lol, I used to run my 17 and 34 until they were absolutely disgusting. That was with Bar-Sto barrels installed on both. Changing mag springs would require opening the mags, which there was no reason to do unless I was bored at the end of the season. :)

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Lol, I used to run my 17 and 34 until they were absolutely disgusting. That was with Bar-Sto barrels installed on both. Changing mag springs would require opening the mags, which there was no reason to do unless I was bored at the end of the season. :)

The mags I don't use extensions on haven't had a spring replacement since I got em, some 6k rounds ago.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of stovepipes and short stroking. Could be reloads that aren't up to par, could be a kitchen table gunsmith problem, not sure. I just know that 9 times out of 10 when a malf happens, it's a glock or 1911/2011

My money's on weak reloads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't like Glocks, and my arthritic wrists won't tolerate .45 ACP recoil anymore. 9mm 1911s are okay as far as it goes, but the Hi Power holds more ammo and is, perhaps, more reliable. But I carry the HK P2000 because its reliability is unquestioned.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am with Joel on this one. When I see a FTF/FTE/Stovepipe during a shoot is is generally the load that is weak or long/short not the 1911. Almost all the fellas on the bullseye line reload often times dropping spring weight to help the gun cycle. If any issues occur it is generally trying to push powder puff loads for ease of remaining on target. No experience with Glocks at all in competition. But as my carries, I have never had any issues ever.

Latest posts

Top Bottom