Who has the best beard here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a moustache since 18 yrs old. The Army let me keep it although the shoulder length hair had to go. The day I got my discharge papers is the day the razor went into the trash. Had a semi close cropped beard all the way through the first marriage, and 15 or so years into the second. Changed jobs going to a Power Plant where the possibility of needing to wear SCBA and dust masks required removing the beard.
When I came out of the bathroom on the way to the first day at work, the wife gave me a strange look but never said anything.
About a month or so later, we were with some friends and she laughingly confessed that the first couple of weeks after losing the beard she felt like she was with another man, and had a guilt feeling. She got over it.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't shaved above my jaw line since quitting my job at UCO in '11. Took some clippers to my hair that same day. I just couldn't stomach paying $8 twice a month to a barber anymore. I keep it trimmed all the same length. I can't grow those fantastically lush trendy beards. I have cowlicks on both jaws. When it gets too long, it just makes me look like a terrorist on a six week sheep bender. My brother dubbed it the Talibeard.

My hat off to those epic Jeremiah Johnson beard-keepers. Not everyone can grow em.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick CB Hat.PNG

Latest posts

Top Bottom