Who here in SW Oklahoma shoots Eurasian collared doves with an air gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ACJ - not to be rude, but you obviously have not read and understood the Oklahoma hunting regs.
I've read them but I can't make heads or tails out of them sometimes so I have responsibly asked the game agency for clarifications. There seems to be gray area in them. There is nothing I've read in them so far that expressly precludes the death of a Eurasian Collared Dove by a chunk of airborne lead launched by compressed air. It says no "pistols" or "rifles" for dove but is a BB GUN technically a "rifle" or a "pistol"?

Last edited:

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here we go again, a 1973-debut TV show that flopped in short order. Larry Hagman got much more famous later on by being JR who got shot by whom on Dallas? Still he did much better as Jeannie's Master earlier on.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This was my first thought....

1635201504226.png

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've read that and the language seems confusing so I have just emailed the state's game agency with questions for clarification as follows:

Questions about Eurasian Collared Doves in Oklahoma

1. Is this a PROTECTED species in Oklahoma? Many jurisdictions around the world, including many in North America, consider this bird a pest or invasive species.
2. Local weapons ordinances notwithstanding, are BB guns, pellet guns and/or air rifles prohibited as a lawful means for taking Eurasian Collared Doves in Oklahoma?
3. Do I need a valid hunting license or anything else to lawfully take Eurasian Collared Doves in Oklahoma?
4. Are there specific seasons for taking Eurasian Collared Doves in Oklahoma or may they be taken year round on public and/or private property?
5. Are there any limits for taking or possessing Eurasian Collared Doves?

I can't imagine any conservative state such as this would dare go out on a limb to protect such "winged rats" as Eurasian Collared Doves and perhaps any pigeon species. It serves the taxpayers not at all to protect them. They are a pure menace to farmers.

I'm dying to see how the state responds to my questions. Please stay tuned. I hope this state is not something an "anti-air-gun culture" because politicians here have stock in shotgun manufacturers, clay target manufacturers, mickey mouse ears, archery equipment manufactures, muzzleloading industry corporations, the handloading industry and shotgun shell manufacturers. I believe BB guns, peashooters, boomerangs and slingshots are protected under the Second Amendment.
you call them winged rats but you want to eat one ? you make no sense at all

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma considers them a "game bird." Thus, they are under the "Migratory Game Bird Regulations." 'Nuff said.

from the regs ... "House sparrows and starlings are the only birds that are not protected by either federal or state law. "

I'm done.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma considers them a "game bird."

I'm going to have to write to my state elected officals then and give them a piece of my mind. Better yet, I'll ring their telephone. There's a lot of outdated stuff, mental-retardation-inspired laws, on the books around here. I mean making it a felony to pack heat at a horse track or a college campus, come now!! Those overpopulated barnyard grain thieves of an unsavory feather need to be "de-gamed" by an act of legislature with at least enough collective brains as god gave a goose, hopefully.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom