Who is Q and why are their ARs so expensive?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've heard this name a few times lately but I haven't taken the time to research them. Are any of you all familiar with this company?

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never owned one, and never shot one...so I'll refrain from passing judgement on their expense.

I do know that they came out with "The Fix", which was a lightweight bolt rifle that was extremely expensive. SIG basically copied it with the Cross, made the cost half of what the Fix cost, and sold a ton more.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never owned one, and never shot one...so I'll refrain from passing judgement on their expense.

I do know that they came out with "The Fix", which was a lightweight bolt rifle that was extremely expensive. SIG basically copied it with the Cross, made the cost half of what the Fix cost, and sold a ton more.
Yep. And as per SIG's SOP, the put it out without proper testing and had a massive recall. Does SIG test any of their **** before release? P365... P320/M17...

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like my Q suppressor. It's the lightest quietest 22lr can on the market. I can't afford $1899 for their "base price" AR. The guy behind Q is kind of a genius. He's invented a lot of stuff that is in major use today, but he got tired of not being the boss and created his own company.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Paraphrasing wiki:
Kevin Brittingham founded Advanced Armament Corporation in 1994 to manufacture sound suppressors, having previously been a distributor for GEMTECH, another suppressor manufacturer.[2] Under his direction, AAC grew to be one of the largest suppressor manufacturers in the U.S., including a number of small military contracts. Of note, one of AAC's chief suppressor designers is Robert Silvers, creator of the PhotoMosaic. In 2009, Brittingham sold the company to Remington Arms, and founded Q LLC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom