Who reloads 270 Winchester ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious as I usually turn that brass into something else.
Yea I know.
I reload Win 270. Never turned them into anything else. What else do you turn them into? Something better? Parts for your hot rods? :)

I used the annealing process you showed me, so I have about 50 annealed cases I will reload this winter experimenting with annealed vs. non-annealed and test this spring to see if the annealing makes a difference on accuracy.

Last edited:

osupoke

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I reload .270 Win. It's what got me started reloading when I was 17; back when life was simple and I just had the one rifle. Factory ammo was running about $12/box and I could load it for about $6, so according to my math I could shoot twice as much if I reloaded.

I still load for it, but between other rifles and fewer days afield I don't go through very many rounds.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wanna' buy a really nice .270?
NO.
I was saying to myself I do not want anymore rifles or weapons to reload for.
I was thinking I need to get rid of a few but just can't seem to do it.

Seems like a lot of you guys reload for it.
Great round to have.

I turned some 270 into 30-06 and some became .308 and many other things i had became .308.
I made 3 rounds of 6.5 Creedmoor from Hornady cases in 270 yesterday.
I turned .002" off the neck 3 times and now will fire form it and see if it holds together, probably 1 more neck turning after fire forming.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL! Man, you sound just like me! I have talked myself out of several purchases over the last year or two. And, I need to sell a few to open up some space in the safe. I have even started prioritizing what I would sell first, and second, and ... Just haven't put them up for sale yet.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I gave my .308 to my son. He also shoots .270, which is why I will maintain all the reloading tools for it. I might give up .270, but I don't think he will. Nothing wrong with the caliber. It will do the job for anything around here!

Latest posts

Top Bottom