Who reloads 270 Winchester ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NO.
I was saying to myself I do not want anymore rifles or weapons to reload for.
I was thinking I need to get rid of a few but just can't seem to do it.

Seems like a lot of you guys reload for it.
Great round to have.

I turned some 270 into 30-06 and some became .308 and many other things i had became .308.
I made 3 rounds of 6.5 Creedmoor from Hornady cases in 270 yesterday.
I turned .002" off the neck 3 times and now will fire form it and see if it holds together, probably 1 more neck turning after fire forming.
Like you, I’m making an effort to thin my caliber selection, but also like you, it isn’t going very well. I used to load for over a dozen calibers, and I think I’m down to 8 or so (223, 270, 308, 300 WM, 9.3x62, 9.3x74r, 38/357, 44spl/magnum, 45acp).

I set my kids up with TC Encores in 270 Win and bought them a case of Winchester Supreme 140 gr Accubond ammo, so I wouldn’t have to load for them too.

I’ve got plenty of brass, so I’ve never tried making my own. That’s cool though!:thumb:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I came by an ammo can full of .270 a few years ago. All reloads.
About half are Lake City Match brass head stamped 30-06 that has been resized to .270.
I have an absolutely beautiful Winchester Classic Model 70, pre 64 action in .270 that these rounds fit. For some reason it never gets out of the safe to go hunting. Took one wall hanger with it probably 15 years ago, so it has drawn blood.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I came by an ammo can full of .270 a few years ago. All reloads.
About half are Lake City Match brass head stamped 30-06 that has been resized to .270.
I have an absolutely beautiful Winchester Classic Model 70, pre 64 action in .270 that these rounds fit. For some reason it never gets out of the safe to go hunting. Took one wall hanger with it probably 15 years ago, so it has drawn blood.
Pre64 M70 FWT 270 Win is what I’m carrying this year. I traded for it about 10 or so years ago and fell in love with it. I’ve got “better” and for sure more expensive rifles, but I absolutely love that old Winchester. :thumb:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pre64 M70 FWT 270 Win is what I’m carrying this year. I traded for it about 10 or so years ago and fell in love with it. I’ve got “better” and for sure more expensive rifles, but I absolutely love that old Winchester. :thumb:
Mine is the classic that was built in the early 90's I think but it copied the Pre 64 action. Its stamped Super Grade. Very fine wood, engraving, and so on.
The best part is that I won it at a quail unlimited banquet for $5 as the door prize.

Latest posts

Top Bottom