Who runs a fixed stock on their AR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I've got a standard Magpul 6 position on my AR and I've been thinking of swapping it out on one of my rifles for their fixed stock. Anybody run one and have thoughts on it?
Size is not an issue as its still going to be shorter than any other rifle I have and I can use all the LOP I can get. I guess I'm just wondering if I'm missing anything critical or just go for it?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently put a Magpul MOE fixed carbine stock on mine.

The main reason I did was to save some deployment time by not having to retract the stock and also to take away some of that little bit of wiggle that the MOE adjustable stock had. It did shorten the LOP a little bit, so I installed a thicker buttpad. This helped...a little...but I still prefer it over the 6 position stock.

If you are ever in the Seminole area, give me a shout and I'll let you play around with it to see what you think. :thumb:

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it would make a difference depending on how you run your rifle. Do you shoot with the buttstock in the shoulder pocket or do you place it under your dominate eye?

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one with an old A2 style JP stock and several with ACE or ACE ultralight fixed stocks. I never saw the need for collapsible til I had kids. Now the shorter length of pull is definitely needed. So I have several with collapsible stocks too.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 308's both have fixed stocks. One with A2 and the other with Magpul. I use an Ace on my wildcat AR-15 and an A2 on my AR predator.

If you are using them for hunting or target shooting, there is little need for the 6 position stocks. The only 5.56's I have with adjustable stocks are the ones I have for self defense or the ones for ny daughters so that they can adjust as they grow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom