Who shoots a Contender/ Encore?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duckhunter39480

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have and shoot both. My first Encore was the .50 cal muzzle loader. Then Mississippi changed hunting laws to include 35 caliber, break action single shot firearms with exposed hammers origanally produced or replicas of rifles made before 1900. This led to the hunters in MS proping up H&R/New England 1871 for years. Them, after much debate the T/C Encore and Contenders were accepted as "primitive" and the search began. I load and shoot the 35 Whelen and 358 Winchester in the Encore and the 35/30-30 in the Contender. I also shoot some wildcat rounds out of these. I shoot a 260 Bellm#2 (6.5 x 308) in the Encore and a 308 Bellm in the Contender. Because I have problems with accuracy when I change barrels, I have purchased a frame for each of the calibers I shoot. All of my
Encore and Contenders are in rifle configeration; "never had much use for" pistols.

gemihur

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't know what you've been missing
270 pistol sm.jpg

Arch73

Marksman
Reaction score
Have a Contender with 14" 30-30, 10" .218 bee octagon, and Bullberry 14" .218 Mashburn Bee. Shot and carried the 30-30 some for deer season but haven't taken anything with it yet. Itching to shoot the Mashburn and see what it will do.

Attachments

• Contender.jpg
    Contender.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Top Bottom