Who Still Carries a J-Frame, Glock 43, or other Low-Cap Handgun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I’d just about come to the conclusion that I was going to have to order them. As soon as my parts list becomes sufficient I’ll hit up Brownells or Midway. I hate like the dickens to give Bezos a nickel. Starting with the spawn of Walton and up to the current crop of peckerwoods, they done annihilated all the small towns I have loved.

It just kind of grates my cheese to come home empty handed after I done laced up my spats and ambled into town.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread changed my pocket carry. I hadn't shot my j frame in a couple years so my wife let me take it from her bedside table. It was enjoyable so I told her I thought I might occasionally carry it. She said No! I rarely pocket carry because I dislike small autos (regardless of capacity) and do like full size guns. A couple days ago I was in a lgs and in the case was a 442 which.is my preferred j frame. It was a no lock and LE priced so it made the trip home. Broke out my last set of Craig Spegal grips, speed strip, and some HST ÷P wadcutters so it's in my pocket for my early am walk. My normal carry, though is still my V-bob or a P220.

mgssamn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have gravitated towards a sig p365 as it is a tad shorter and tad thinner. (than 43) Feels better to me although I have been a Glock person for ever and seems to have just a little better "no print" when wearing very light shirt for me anyway. When I walk I have been going to a ruger lcrx 38 +p that much lighter of course at 14 oz or whatever it is. Come winter and on occasion in summer with more clothes I will switch back and forth to 43x/365xl/ g19 and still likely go for walks with an LCRX for less weight. and once in a while a smith 351c which is super light, but 22 mag, and not trying to start another debate on caliber. lol

Last edited:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You carry what you are most comfortable with. I prefer a revolver or a 1911 style pistol as I just do not trust striker fired with one in the chamber. I carry my 1911 unless the heat is to much for a tee and an open shirt, then just my cane for now.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is my current lineup in the 640
74DADBD5-2EEA-42D8-A39E-11C66DD53C52.jpeg

Shot capsull, custom dispatch load and 3 winchester 125gn 38's!

I been lazy for a while and opted to carry the win 38's instead of my own 357's.

The dispatch load is a 105gn dewc, over top of 2.5gn bullseye, in a 357 case.

DA4BD14E-5149-4DA3-829A-2534709F1C77.jpeg

Not so hard on the ears, great for ground hogs and raccoons!

Latest posts

Top Bottom