Who Still Carries a J-Frame, Glock 43, or other Low-Cap Handgun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glock 43 in a Boraii pocket holster, carried passive defense in lower patch pocket of cargo pants/short. Always there. If defensive posture is elevated, then add a Glock 24 in a Bianchi Paddle holster. The 43 is still there, the 24 is added.

For the wife we have a number of Glock 43's in Boraii holsters through out the house in strategic locations. She can not rack the slide and will not exercise with gun to run the slide. She says she doesn't have the strength, I say she hasn't developed the muscle memory.

Yes I know all the scenarios and the drills. She doesn't do them and doesn't want to do them. What she has learned is sight picture and trigger control. She shots the gun well and can reload when she remembers. She knows how to pull the Boraii holster off, aim in and fire. She know there is no such position as "Point and Scare"

I am a big fan of the Boraii holster. Good protection of the trigger, minimal bulk and keeps the gun upright in the pocket. the holster breaks up outside printing. I wear 5.11 cargo pants and shorts and this holster combo seems a good match. Not a tactical holster by any means, but a good safe but efficient passive carry holster.

This holster gun combo also works good for stick in the seat crack in the car or truck. Not the best option because the gun can drop through. If I could figure out a way stop that, this would be great option. Suggestions?

glock4302.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Carried a P3-AT in the front pocket for years with a spare mag, and a CW-40 in the map pocket when driving and IWB when walking.
Both loaded with Hornady Critical Defense rounds.

TheDude1996

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont have many guns that are not considered low capacity hah.
I have been carrying a model 10 smith with a speedloader in my pocket. I just got my first j frame, a 4" model 33 and I'm gonna try it for a while. Gotta get some more comfortable grips though. :thumb:

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
640-1! 357 Mag

Bought new in 1995.

Used to carry in a Galco pancake (needs repaired :()

Now in a clip on Galco iwb, but I dont like holsters inside the pants, so it goes inside the belt!

She has some serious holster wear. Good thing it is stainless!

Thank GOD I never had use it as a defensive tool against a attacker!

But it does get use on vermin.

Last year it claimed 4 groundhogs and 1 squirrel! :)

Carry it from the time I get dressed to the time for bed!

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I dont have many guns that are not considered low capacity hah.
I have been carrying a model 10 smith with a speedloader in my pocket. I just got my first j frame, a 4" model 33 and I'm gonna try it for a while. Gotta get some more comfortable grips though. :thumb:

check out VZ grips for the j frame. I just got some for my 642 and they’re the bees knees.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve had an on again/off again love affair with j frame Smiths since the early 90’s, and I’ve recently gone back to carrying one (either a 637 or 442). I’m even considering selling my Sig 238, 938, G43, and maybe my G36.:scratch:

I guess I’m a low capacity handgun aficionado, because my favorite handgun of all time is a 1911.:thumb:

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I’ve had an on again/off again love affair with j frame Smiths since the early 90’s, and I’ve recently gone back to carrying one (either a 637 or 442). I’m even considering selling my Sig 238, 938, G43, and maybe my G36.:scratch:

I guess I’m a low capacity handgun aficionado, because my favorite handgun of all time is a 1911.:thumb:

G36 was my first handgun. I sold it to somebody and then managed to trade a RIA 1911 to get it back. Thank God.

probably my favorite pistol. And the one I have the most rounds through.

Latest posts

Top Bottom