Who still watches the local news and some questions...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No CBS for us until Stephen Colbert goes away, so we've been without CBS for about 6 years now lol. Kind of flip back and forth between NBC and ABC, but usually watch ABC the most. Not a big Mike Morgan fan.

All of the late night ass-wipe 'comedians' are on my no watch list........especially Colbert.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I havent had a TV turned on in around 6or7 years and dont miss any of it now wife has hers on but she is usually watch a movie or some show with the kid no news at all as far as i know heck she even hates talking politics with me and gets mad at me when i bring it up.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
david payne is a ship jumper and i laugh every time i get to snub him. NOTHING makes me more happy than ignoring people who think they are important LOL

i don't watch local news or any news really. haven't had TV in....i dunno.....15 years? i don't understand why people think they need it.

i can say that it's like anything else: most of the news people are probably WAY more based than you would ever expect, even going all the way to the top. but like everything else; they understand that "politics" and how you present yourself (ie appearing to be liberal) is the most effective way to keep the money rolling in.

i mean let's be real; their channels would be taken off the air if they said the REAL news. so i get it's all just a show. which gets to your stitt point; they literally run stories because their entire business model is to get paid to run certain stories. they don't just....like say whatever they want you know. they get paid to report certain things, hell they get paid to NOT report certain things. there is also agreements with local police and hospitals to keep certain stories under wraps, lots of certain kinds of deaths that occur all the time and NEVER make the news. i've talked to police AND people who would know in the news industry and yeah it's an agreement.

so basically, watch whatever you want but understand even the people who own it realize it's bunk.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I watch channel 9 in the morning for the weather report....... The rest is worthless for the most part. Just fluff pieces or local interest. You can pull the website up a scroll the stories in about 10 seconds to see if there is anything that deserves attention. Then you do not have to watch Sassy Momma make some unhealthy nasty looking dish whilst you trying to figure out if the world is burning down.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We watch Channel 5 news mostly, for no significant reason, just like them better. I can't stand to watch Mike Morgan do the weather. His graphics are too busy for me, and I really don't like the way he dances throughout his report. Looks like he is wanting a spot on Dancing with the Stars. Back in the 70's and early 80's, I worked for the Griffin businesses. John, who now runs the food businesses, and David who runs the TV, etc. businesses interned for me when they were in college, way back then. Great family, but we just haven't gotten attached to the Channel 9 news programming.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I watch local it's 9. I used to know the Griffin's when I lived in Muskogee. (I think Martha still owns 9) She was an okay gal, and I like their syrup.

4 can kiss my fat white ass. I miss looking at the afternoon midget though. She was right in my wheel house.

Latest posts

Top Bottom