Who still watches the local news and some questions...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Ogles appear to me to be establishment neocons but its funny because historically the left always hated them (prob because of their religion)...Now they work on trendy liberal news shows in 2023 and the left has forgotten about it...sort of reminds me of GWB...he's a darling of the media now but was called a war criminal by the same folks back in 2004.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What time slot do you watch?

What channel do you choose and why?

I'm considering starting to watch again and was leaning toward channel 4 until they did the hit piece on Stitt right before the election. I know there are some issues there, but they were trying to hurt us. I still like Mike Morgan for weather just because he's the last of the ones still around from when I was young.

What say you?
There are problems with all stations. Channel 4 hates Stitt and some select republicans. They still have the best local news. Channel 5 has the best weather predictions, but they're hardcore libs. Channel 9 has the best looking news girls, the fastest tornado prediction, and the best traffic, but they'll run any LGBT story they can dream up.

You can't win. Just keep an eye on it when the kids are in the room and watch the one you're interested in. Or do like me and watch them all. I Tivo them all and watch keep them as background noise while I'm working on the computer.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where are all the Fox news fans at? Personally I don't have a specific channel but usually watch 4 during the evening, and fox 25 at 9pm. I don't care what station it is during bad weather since many times one station is focused on a certain area, so I'll flip to see what others think. During storm season they all get hyped up, maybe do things you don't like or say things that offend someone, especially morgan and payne, but both of them know what they are talking about, chief meteorologists, especially in competitive markets and large metro areas know what they are doing.

For weather, if you don't want all the hype, drama, theatrics and BS. I suggest using AT's Weather app (ATsWeatherToGo), or find him on FB or social media if you do that. He's probably the most mellow, most accurate local weather reporter in this region.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are problems with all stations. Channel 4 hates Stitt and some select republicans. They still have the best local news. Channel 5 has the best weather predictions, but they're hardcore libs. Channel 9 has the best looking news girls, the fastest tornado prediction, and the best traffic, but they'll run any LGBT story they can dream up.

You can't win. Just keep an eye on it when the kids are in the room and watch the one you're interested in. Or do like me and watch them all. I Tivo them all and watch keep them as background noise while I'm working on the computer.
what time slot?

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my opinion all news is slanted, or even dominated by the opinion of the guy at these news organizations that signs the pay checks, and grants the promotions! This applies to world wide, down to local news! Just one example that I personally witnessed! I was on the Sand Springs Fire Department many years ago, there was a house fire on 63th west ave. north of Charles Page Blvd. Tulsa Fire Department was supose to run to everything east of 65th, and we were to run on everyrthing west of 65th. TFD would run on this fire, so we were called. We had instructions to run on anything we were called on, and sort out the paperwork later. We ran on this house fire, the house was two blocks east of 65th, and backed up to the Keystone expressway. We put the fire out, and were rolling hose, when a Tulsa Engine came down the expressway followed by a local TV news car. They went down to 65th, got off and came back east two blocks to the site of the fire. The news people got out, and interviewed the Tulsa Captain, on how they put out the fire, no one else even got off the Tulsa Engine, we were still cleaning up the mess, and watching this interview! They all got back into the TV news car, and Tulsa engine, and left. The Tulsa Captain did wave as they left, and we continued to clean up the mess! ALL NEWS COVERAGE IS BIASED, SO THINK FOR YOURSELF! AND VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my opinion all news is slanted, or even dominated by the opinion of the guy at these news organizations that signs the pay checks, and grants the promotions! This applies to world wide, down to local news! Just one example that I personally witnessed! I was on the Sand Springs Fire Department many years ago, there was a house fire on 63th west ave. north of Charles Page Blvd. Tulsa Fire Department was supose to run to everything east of 65th, and we were to run on everyrthing west of 65th. TFD would run on this fire, so we were called. We had instructions to run on anything we were called on, and sort out the paperwork later. We ran on this house fire, the house was two blocks east of 65th, and backed up to the Keystone expressway. We put the fire out, and were rolling hose, when a Tulsa Engine came down the expressway followed by a local TV news car. They went down to 65th, got off and came back east two blocks to the site of the fire. The news people got out, and interviewed the Tulsa Captain, on how they put out the fire, no one else even got off the Tulsa Engine, we were still cleaning up the mess, and watching this interview! They all got back into the TV news car, and Tulsa engine, and left. The Tulsa Captain did wave as they left, and we continued to clean up the mess! ALL NEWS COVERAGE IS BIASED, SO THINK FOR YOURSELF! AND VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
On the plus side, that kept any of you guys from buying donuts/ice cream for getting caught on camera right? Haha

cstan

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only time I watch the local news is to get a weather report to see when is the best day to go to the range. The other 23 hours I watch Fox and Newsmax some.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only time I watch the local news is to get a weather report to see when is the best day to go to the range. The other 23 hours I watch Fox and Newsmax some.
FOX was basically calling the republican representatives that refuse to vote for McCarthy "terrorists". Except for Tucker, they love that 1990's corporate conservatism. We need to get out of the 90's politically.

Latest posts

Top Bottom