Who was it? - Man arrested after walking into store wearing tactical vest, carrying rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Checking in as well. Still here. We are in BA a lot so thought I'd better speak up. :blush:

Although everything he did was legal other than conceal a pistol in .50 cal, it's showoffs like this wannabe auditor who are out to get attention will give the anti's ammunition that crazies are out there and we need federal red flag laws to get them off the street.
I can assure you this will find it's way to the sham commission in DC currently going on. Will they use it? Who knows, but the idiot thinking he is exercising his Constitutional Rights has done damage to our ability to retain those rights.
Which... might be by design. Although I doubt seriously this mental midget thought of it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Which... might be by design. Although I doubt seriously this mental midget thought of it.
People like him can be led into this spectacle. It's happened many times before when there were more federal agents in the gang vs the actual criminal agitating the process and providing supplies before the arrest and big headlines by the feds.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've read a couple of reports on this that were posted on some Broken Arrow pages I follow. If those are accurate, the charges were for carrying a weapon over .45 caliber (for some reason the max in Oklahoma) and carrying brass knuckles (an "offensive weapon" in Oklahoma.)

I believe both would be misdemeanors and Broken Arrow has their own city jail so this might not show up on the Tulsa County jail records. I have seen BA do some weird stuff with misdemeanor charges before by making them "municipal charges" instead of state/county charges in which case they also won't show up on OSCN.net.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've read a couple of reports on this that were posted on some Broken Arrow pages I follow. If those are accurate, the charges were for carrying a weapon over .45 caliber (for some reason the max in Oklahoma) and carrying brass knuckles (an "offensive weapon" in Oklahoma.)

I believe both would be misdemeanors and Broken Arrow has their own city jail so this might not show up on the Tulsa County jail records. I have seen BA do some weird stuff with misdemeanor charges before by making them "municipal charges" instead of state/county charges in which case they also won't show up on OSCN.net.

This all makes sense. When I worked for the OSBI, we dealt with some city's municipal records, and some of those municipalities really liked to jack up the amount of the fines. While Oklahoma's max on misdemeanor crimes was $500, some of the jurisdictions charged much more. Maybe BA is one of those that likes jacking up fines?

Oh, and while the wife and I are in the Tulsa area for training for our Summer work gig, we didn't bring any weapons, this I'm not the perp either.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Broken Arrow Police stopped him at the courthouse, but they let him go despite having warrants." Way to go BAPD.
I've heard third hand rumors that some folks are discovered to have warrants but they're in another jurisdiction - and that place doesn't actually want the suspect "because their jail is full" or some such.
Off topic:
I got to wonder if maybe that's some kind of ploy (attempt at a low cost solution) to try and keep the suspect from coming back to that jurisdiction ??? [If so I doubt it works on druggies, mental cases or both, because they seem to lack problem solving skills.]

Latest posts

Top Bottom