Who will apply for work at Tesla in Tulsa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where are all those boys flingin poo his way recently?

It won't happen in Tulsa in my opinion, our schools suck and Texas has no income tax. I will happily eat crow if they come here, and I will buy a truck.
I'm still here. I wouldn't work for that gubberment subsidized guy if it were the last job available. I learned a long time ago that jobs that rely on the latest greatest technology don't always turn out good.
Yeah he has been around for awhile, but I've never seen a tesla on the road and I'm on the road about 70K miles a year now.
20 years ago I had two high paying options. One to go with a new carbon fiber facility that had everything going for it in the latest tech or a danged old coal fired power plant.
A little common sense told me to go with the power plant. Guess what. The carbon fiber plant is a warehouse facility now and the power plant is still here.
People that have invested in home solar in the past fell into a dupe scam that failed to deliver.
Others fell into the home wind power scam with the promise of turning the meter backwards to make money from the utilities.
It could never happen because they sold back at wholesale thinking they were going to get retail. At that time it was $18 per kilowatt retail, but .05 cents wholesale.
I will say I'm interested but not sold on his million mile battery that is under development, but I will always keep in mind that he has scammed the government out of billions of dollars with most ventures failing while becoming a billionaire.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
but I will always keep in mind that he has scammed the government out of billions of dollars with most ventures failing while becoming a billionaire.

This. Except he scammed us, the taxpayers.

As I stated earlier; he is and always has been a shyster. A con man on a global scale, much better at it than Algore.

Anyone interested can research Solar City. Nothing but a con, that cost us billions.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I, for one, will not be applying for a job. Anywhere. No workee.
When I was working at Boeing, I was like the wise little squirrel that saved nuts for the winter. As a result, I have a very good retirement income.

I won't take a job that someone else needs.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still here. I wouldn't work for that gubberment subsidized guy if it were the last job available. I learned a long time ago that jobs that rely on the latest greatest technology don't always turn out good.
Yeah he has been around for awhile, but I've never seen a tesla on the road and I'm on the road about 70K miles a year now.
20 years ago I had two high paying options. One to go with a new carbon fiber facility that had everything going for it in the latest tech or a danged old coal fired power plant.
A little common sense told me to go with the power plant. Guess what. The carbon fiber plant is a warehouse facility now and the power plant is still here.
People that have invested in home solar in the past fell into a dupe scam that failed to deliver.
Others fell into the home wind power scam with the promise of turning the meter backwards to make money from the utilities.
It could never happen because they sold back at wholesale thinking they were going to get retail. At that time it was $18 per kilowatt retail, but .05 cents wholesale.
I will say I'm interested but not sold on his million mile battery that is under development, but I will always keep in mind that he has scammed the government out of billions of dollars with most ventures failing while becoming a billionaire.

So you wouldn't work for the energy sector? We can talk oil and gas subsidies all day long LOL.... and they've been happening for a century. He's not scamming anyone, he's taking the same money that every other energy sector has taken for years. I don't see y'all whining and crying about a LOT of big names here in Oklahoma doing the same.

I can't speak for your experiences but I see Teslas on the road all the time. I turned in just over 20K in mileage on my taxes.

Finally, I don't get the "most ventures" failing either. The man is at the forefront of electric car technology, and built rockets that could take off and land..... on a moving ship. Something NASA couldn't do. Forget Paypal and previously developing location based services lol.

Not sure why he wets some diapers around here, but if you use fossil fuels in any way, you're a hypocrite on the "government subsidies" complaints.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This. Except he scammed us, the taxpayers.

As I stated earlier; he is and always has been a shyster. A con man on a global scale, much better at it than Algore.

Anyone interested can research Solar City. Nothing but a con, that cost us billions.

LOL...He didn't scam anyone any more than take your pick of any oil and gas company.

Seems like some of y'all have your own cases of "orange man bad" syndrome.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My impression is that big name, glamorous companies treat employees poorly. Probably because there are always people clamoring to be hired by them.
Glad to hear that Tulsa might benefit....but hoping there are no taxpayer subsidies to get them to open a factory here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom