Who will apply for work at Tesla in Tulsa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k4ylr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More from Wednesdays Tour de Tulsa:

WyKTJjol.png

cZJvW7bl.png

tPwvy3Wl.jpg

VUxMmBQl.png

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gets REALLY quiet in here when you talk about oil and gas subsidies LOL.
I'd really like for someone to show me where the federal government actually wrote a check to an O&G company. Just one check drawn on a .gov bank account, endorsed by a .gov agency and with the payee being an O&G producer.

k4ylr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wrong. Sorry, try again.

These are tax breaks and accounting rules, they are not subsidies. Government loans are also wrongly referred to as subsidies which is a perfect example of the libtard, GREEN mentality having re-written the definition of subsidy to suit their agenda. Here's the actual definition from Merriam-Webster:

Definition of subsidy

: a grant or gift of money: such as
a: a sum of money formerly granted by the British Parliament to the crown and raised by special taxation
b: money granted by one state to another
c: a grant by a government to a private person or company to assist an enterprise deemed advantageous to the public

I want to see an actual subsidy and have yet to find one even after listening in on quarterly shareholder conference calls, perhaps a hundred of them for various companies and I've yet to see a subsidy listed in the CFO's slides on said calls.

A tax break is a tax break. A loan is a loan and usually paid back with interest. These are most assuredly not meeting the definition of subsidies.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd really like for someone to show me where the federal government actually wrote a check to an O&G company. Just one check drawn on a .gov bank account, endorsed by a .gov agency and with the payee being an O&G producer.

Did that happen for Tesla...not in exchange for goods or services?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Why do the logistics of the subsidy matter? The O&G industry is in fact getting a handout, in one form or another.
Wrong. Sorry, try again.

These are tax breaks and accounting rules, they are not subsidies. Government loans are also wrongly referred to as subsidies which is a perfect example of the libtard, GREEN mentality having re-written the definition of subsidy to suit their agenda. Here's the actual definition from Merriam-Webster:

Definition of subsidy

: a grant or gift of money: such as
a: a sum of money formerly granted by the British Parliament to the crown and raised by special taxation
b: money granted by one state to another
c: a grant by a government to a private person or company to assist an enterprise deemed advantageous to the public

I want to see an actual subsidy and have yet to find one even after listening in on quarterly shareholder conference calls, perhaps a hundred of them for various companies and I've yet to see a subsidy listed in the CFO's slides on said calls.

A tax break is a tax break. A loan is a loan and usually paid back with interest. These are most assuredly not meeting the definition of subsidies.

Stop... just stop.... especially with the politicization. It's all a handout and the O&G industry had gotten them in one form or another since it's existence. Don't pull the politician mentality and cover it up with semantics. Tax breaks are different? LOL..... Loans are different? That's not what OSA says about certain car manufacturers as we have only talked about O&G so far.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone interprets words in their own way. Subsidies to one are a tax break, or loan to another. A bit like infringement to one is a sensible move to another.

Just try to look at the entire picture and actually think of all the possible pros and cons of any proposal. Oklahoma needs more employers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom