Who will ship rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems I was told pistols have to be shipped overnight if USPS ...not sure on Fed Ex or UPS ...
AFAIK, only UPS will ship handguns, and they require them to be sent overnight. They used to ship them at any speed you wanted, but back in the '90s they had a problem with employees stealing handguns in transit, so they started requiring overnight. Funny how they solved an internal problem by forcing customers to pay more...

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AFAIK, only UPS will ship handguns, and they require them to be sent overnight. They used to ship them at any speed you wanted, but back in the '90s they had a problem with employees stealing handguns in transit, so they started requiring overnight. Funny how they solved an internal problem by forcing customers to pay more...

FedEx should still ship them . . . they may require the shipper to have an FFL though.

ahlosojoe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have read the USPS requirements for shipping a gun to myself from out of state. According to the way I understand it I must mail it to myself in care of someone else. I wonder what the point of that is?
If I buy a long gun from an FFL dealer in another state it is now legally my gun. Why can't I mail it to myself in my home state?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve mailed a couple to ‘personofinterest’ here on the forum when he lived in Washington.
It’s really simple, you just need the receiving ffl’s info. Box has to be logo free.

Funny story. The first time I mailed one, I was trying to be discreet. I waited til the parking lot wasn’t very full,etc. some people would freak out if they knew they were in line with a guy with a GUN at the PO. I’ve done a lot of eBay shipping and was on a first name basis with all the workers. So, I’m trying to be as nonchalant as possible and a little nervous at the same time.
I’m next up in line and the guy behind the counter says rather loudly
‘Hey Darren, what kind of gun are you shipping?’ I didn’t bother looking around for facial reactions.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom