1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Who's all waiting for a tax stamp?

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by Bootleggn, Dec 14, 2010.

1. J. Holly

J. Holly Sharpshooter

I dropped 2 separate packets for Form 1's in the mail late last night. I am hoping to have them done by the end of January. I know, a pipe dream, but I still have my hopes.

2. Bootleggn

Bootleggn Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    :laugh6:

Dropped my last form 1 in Nov 19th. I'd be amazed to see them back before March.......

3. HSIG

HSIG Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    One of my form 4's showed up last Tues.Took about 65 days mailbox to mailbox.

4. taymoor

taymoor Sharpshooter

If i was less scatterbrained, I would've kept count too.

5. smallscalepilot

smallscalepilot Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I hope this is a good sign. Looks like the BATFE cashed my check for a form 4 today, and I just mailed it on 12/22.

Anyone have an idea how long after they cash your check it takes to send back the approval? Now I'm getting excited.

6. taymoor

taymoor Sharpshooter

My SBR F1 got in yesterday. making it 150 something days. After I get my lower engraved, its picture time.

7. Glocktogo

Glocktogo Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Just hope you don't wind up with a tale of woe like I have! :(

Filled out the paperwork on my latest toy in February. They cashed my check in early March. Waited, waited, waited, nothing. Then my dealer (good friend) was going through some stuff, so we both decided to wait till he was done with that. He finally called BATFE last month. Not only had they lost my ENTIRE packet, they had also misplaced his Form 3 transferring the gun from the original owner to his license! He resent his Form 3 and they approved it immediately, but then we had to resend mine WITH another $200 check, despite the fact that they already cashed the first one! :censored:

My buddy covered the second $200 and said he'd get it back from BATFE eventually, but that is some ridiculous BS right there. As of now, still waiting for my approval. :(

8. smallscalepilot

smallscalepilot Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Dude, that sucks big time. I hope it all works out. I'm saving my cancels check just in case though.

9. Hoosierhunter

Hoosierhunter Marksman

Enlighten me on this tax stamp & sbr's. Never heard of this up north in hoosier country.

10. Glocktogo

Glocktogo Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    You can own a rifle with a barrel shorter than 16" if you get a tax stamp for it. A tax stamp from BATFE will cost you $200 for each item you want on the NFA registry. You can also own a machinegun or silencer in Indiana. You cannot own a short barreled shotgun though.

For details, you should contact a NFA (National Firearms Act) dealer in your state.