Who's all waiting for a tax stamp?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J. Holly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dropped 2 separate packets for Form 1's in the mail late last night. I am hoping to have them done by the end of January. I know, a pipe dream, but I still have my hopes.

smallscalepilot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope this is a good sign. Looks like the BATFE cashed my check for a form 4 today, and I just mailed it on 12/22.

Anyone have an idea how long after they cash your check it takes to send back the approval? Now I'm getting excited.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope this is a good sign. Looks like the BATFE cashed my check for a form 4 today, and I just mailed it on 12/22.

Anyone have an idea how long after they cash your check it takes to send back the approval? Now I'm getting excited.

Just hope you don't wind up with a tale of woe like I have! :(

Filled out the paperwork on my latest toy in February. They cashed my check in early March. Waited, waited, waited, nothing. Then my dealer (good friend) was going through some stuff, so we both decided to wait till he was done with that. He finally called BATFE last month. Not only had they lost my ENTIRE packet, they had also misplaced his Form 3 transferring the gun from the original owner to his license! He resent his Form 3 and they approved it immediately, but then we had to resend mine WITH another $200 check, despite the fact that they already cashed the first one! :censored:

My buddy covered the second $200 and said he'd get it back from BATFE eventually, but that is some ridiculous BS right there. As of now, still waiting for my approval. :(

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Enlighten me on this tax stamp & sbr's. Never heard of this up north in hoosier country.

You can own a rifle with a barrel shorter than 16" if you get a tax stamp for it. A tax stamp from BATFE will cost you $200 for each item you want on the NFA registry. You can also own a machinegun or silencer in Indiana. You cannot own a short barreled shotgun though.

For details, you should contact a NFA (National Firearms Act) dealer in your state.

Latest posts

Top Bottom