Why, 94.7...why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have this cool technology now. It’s called an app. You can download different music ones depending on your liking. Then, you can customize who plays what on it by liking or eliminating certain songs/artists. You can generally play these through a wire or Bluetooth into the car’s speakers. Pretty neat. You should look into trying it out. Best of luck.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have XM in my truck, but I doubt that my agency is gonna spring for it in my patrol car.
If your patrol car has an unused cigarette lighter port, they make little devices that plug into that then plug into your phone and play music from your phone, you can get like the free pandora app and play whatever you're in the mood for. That what my old man used to do on duty

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have Sirius radio? They offer promotions all the time that average $5 per month, and when your promo rate expires call them and tell them you want to cancel, and they'll keep offering you deals until they get down to $5 per month (a little over, with fees actually). The drawback is you have to call them every six months, or however long your promo rate was good for and negotiate back down to a few months to get $5.

If you don't have a satellite radio in your car, they occasionally offer free radios if you renew.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah this does suck. 94.7 had a great mix of music.

Back in 2014 or 2015, one of the local FM stations briefly played clips from stand up comedy specials and it was my favorite to listen to while driving. And then one day it changed to sports talk radio. WTF.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man they did the same thing to krxo back in the day! I guess there are enough guys who get mad and break their tv’s during games, to make sports radio a viable option still!… how do you feel about the KATT?
I've listened to KATT since Cindy Skull was on it. But like GED 94.7 The BREW became my favorite. For several years now KATT hasn't been able to decide what format they want to follow. I don't care for them playing too much of the new hard and heavy stuff now but they are still #2 in my book.

@GED Sirius used to have a killer classic rock station. Since my work moved from the road to officing out of my house I couldn't justify the subscription, but it sure was nice to have when on the road in the panhandle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom