Why, 94.7...why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
104.5 isn’t terrible.
It's all canned. Kelso told me once that he goes in and prerecords his sets for the week and was done. The Brew was on that path. AD Roundtree was a canned show. If you listened long enough you'd hear his lame jokes start to repeat themselves verbatim. KATT, KRXO and Alice are about the best options left unless you're really nostalgic then head to 92.5 for a trip down memory lane.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the 'requirement' to be played on KOMA is that the song has to be at least 25 years old. When I first listened to KOMA, all the songs were from the 50's --- it's made quite a transition!

If you can pickup Tulsa stations, I listen to 103.3 when I'm up there.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's all canned. Kelso told me once that he goes in and prerecords his sets for the week and was done. The Brew was on that path. AD Roundtree was a canned show. If you listened long enough you'd hear his lame jokes start to repeat themselves verbatim. KATT, KRXO and Alice are about the best options left unless you're really nostalgic then head to 92.5 for a trip down memory lane.
I did not know this, but it explains a lot. I've not listened enough to pick up on it. Sounds like streaming really is the way to go. Now I need to figure out how to do that in my old a$$ truck. :(

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did not know this, but it explains a lot. I've not listened enough to pick up on it. Sounds like streaming really is the way to go. Now I need to figure out how to do that in my old a$$ truck. :(
12v Bluetooth speaker you can pair to your phone. Not very expensive and they'll give you all the sound you'll ever want.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the 'requirement' to be played on KOMA is that the song has to be at least 25 years old. When I first listened to KOMA, all the songs were from the 50's --- it's made quite a transition!

If you can pickup Tulsa stations, I listen to 103.3 when I'm up there.

Yeah, ten years ago the "oldies" on KOMA were the 60's and 70's. My favorites I grew up with.

I drove a tractor after harvest during the summer when I was growing up. We got a new 190XT with a cab! We also installed a ByCool air conditioner and an AM/FM radio! I installed the jack for headphones listening to the new station KWHP in Edmond. Perfect stereo with my music, (top 100) and air conditioning! Brother, I was a poopin in tall cotton!

I remember for a month this new station was hyping get your free five dollar bill! Just send an SASE to the station and we will give you a FIVE DOLLAR BILL!!! Well, I did and I did in fact get a bill for $5 and a thank you for listening.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AD roundtree is on 97.5 too. They fired Lynn Hernandez he was a DJ for KMOD and 94.7. He'd do an 80s hair metal show on the weekends called Ratt poison.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That explains it. I was trying to figure out WTH happened. I thought I reprogrammed my radio or something. Oh well, I mostly stream Spotify anyways.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Forget 91.7.
I listened to it yesterday in my car not evening hours but during the day time and it is a Talk radio show.
Sorry if you had to endure that.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you ain’t got SiriusXM I would get it. Or if you want something free and limited commercials I would check out Pandora. I won’t listen to the regular radio ever again.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm late to the party but two things -
1. Funny story, as a kid my dad told me that cops drive around with their window cracked so they can hear people screaming for help and gun shots. I'm was surprised around age 10 to find out that it was because when you smoke you need the window cracked to let the smoke out or your driving suffers.
2. There's an app called Tune In Radio that you can get for 9.95 (if i remember right) that I've used since about 2010. It lets you record stations, listen to live radio all over the world, and hear most podcasts if you like talk radio. (Markley, vancamp and robbins, Glenn beck, etc.) All free after that 10.00 initial cost.
On that app there's a station from Georgia called - you guessed it - TheBuzz. I'm guessing they were just syndicated to 94.7 here because it sounds like the same station.

Latest posts

Top Bottom