Why a Drivers Lic to carrry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay I looked on here and if this was asked I just missed it.

Why do I need a drivers license to carry? Or even a state issued ID? The permit has my photo and all info on the silly thing.

I am just asking after seeing my license expired in June, odd thing is I have used it several times since for ID and no one noticed it was out of date. Now I cant carry until I make a trip to town to get a new one. The lady I talked to told me the gun permit is good for a second form of ID to get the DL renewed, just odd to me.

I wont be going to town until the end of the month for a Dr visit, but the idea annoys me. :)

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My guess would be that the drivers license/ ID card have that barcode on the back that contain a bunch of other information so and officer could scan it to pull up your info. It also proves you are a resident of the state of OK. Since OK does not have a non-resident permit, only residents (or military) would be able to have an Oklahoma Handgun License. It also means that if someone is going to forge an OK Handgun License, they would also have to forge an OK DL as well.

Just guessing

Latest posts

Top Bottom