WHY A SHOTGUN IS BEST FOR HOME DEFENSE (AND ALL SORTS OF OTHER THINGS)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, when you've compiled a list of credentials half as impressive as Clint Smith lemme know. I'll pay a little more attention to you then.
Why would you pay any attention to me if I had twice as many credentials as old Clint. Honest, I couldn't give rat's furry butt crack what Clint Smith can do. My only concern is what I can do and until I can test what I'm being taught FOF how will I know, because somebody tell's me it works? I'm just supposed to believe what they say? I was a big proponent of the "Modern Technique" and the first time I tried to use it FOF I lost badly. These days if I can't test it I don't do it. But to each his own.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The important thing about what Clint said is "at the right range with the right load."

I know lots of people who use shotguns as HD guns, and when I ask them about how they pattern I get blank stairs.

Pick something, plan, practice, and figure out your own individual situation's issues or concerns.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why would you pay any attention to me if I had twice as many credentials as old Clint. Honest, I couldn't give rat's furry butt crack what Clint Smith can do. My only concern is what I can do and until I can test what I'm being taught FOF how will I know, because somebody tell's me it works? I'm just supposed to believe what they say? I was a big proponent of the "Modern Technique" and the first time I tried to use it FOF I lost badly. These days if I can't test it I don't do it. But to each his own.
1660914945921.png

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So if I get the inference you believe that training and practice using an inanimate nonresisting target is better preparation than a living resisting opponent, interesting.

Nope. I'm a huge believer in FOF training..... but watching you try to take yourself so seriously..... while making a complete azz out of yourself...... is too entertaining.

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope. I'm a huge believer in FOF training..... but watching you try to take yourself so seriously..... while making a complete azz out of yourself...... is too entertaining.
So training/practice is nothing to take seriously, I misunderstood the point of the topic, my fault.

From now on when the subject is broached we will just post memes and tell jokes, got it.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So training/practice is nothing to take seriously, I misunderstood the point of the topic, my fault.

From now on when the subject is broached we will just post memes and tell jokes, got it.

Seriously...... save some face and stop talking...... bullchit strawman remarks ain't gonna work here.

YOU are the one that didn't take one of the most established names in the business seriously. YOU literally tried to dumb down an established body of work/training. Don't have anything to learn from old Clint? Sorry but you sound like an idiot.... if you are going to take FOF, you really should be proficient in whatever platform you are running before taking said FOF class JMO. Taking one of Clint's classes would probably be a great way to start off. There's a know it all like you in every class I've taken. Y'all get humbled or exposed REAL quick.

But I'll throw you a bone though. In my experience, those that have taken a significant amount of training, or those that conduct classes and are worth their salt, generally respect most others out there. Sure there's going to be some with a ********* mentality thinking they know it all, and their way is the best..... but in general.... most that I've met are reasonably humble and respectful towards others.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom