Why are shotguns best for home defense?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Virtuaguyver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From my experience, you probably have a better chance hitting your target with a shotgun. I play airsoft and paint ball with my son, and you will be amazed during a close quarters, 10 feet shootout people will not be able to hit each other. A rifle/long gun will always be a better choice for a gun fight, unless maybe you are John wick. Also 9 pellets is better than 1, and you seen those videos on YouTube, people don't stay down with just one hit, so you gotta be landing a few bullets with a pistol.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A short shotgun is even better.
Had a guy come in where I worked and told me he had a home invasion. The thieves left out the door and the guy grabbed his shotgun and started to run down the hall and shoot at the thieves. The shotgun wouldn't go sideways through the door and he was abruptly stopped. He said he was going to saw the barrel of the shotgun off so he could be better prepared next time.
That's how it is, your home is burglarized and only then does the homeowner buy security cameras....

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a guy come in where I worked and told me he had a home invasion. The thieves left out the door and the guy grabbed his shotgun and started to run down the hall and shoot at the thieves. The shotgun wouldn't go sideways through the door and he was abruptly stopped. He said he was going to saw the barrel of the shotgun off so he could be better prepared next time.
That's how it is, your home is burglarized and only then does the homeowner buy security cameras....
My Dad used to get some of those that didn't go between trees on 4 wheelers. He cut a bunch down to 21" and put screw in chokes in

Latest posts

Top Bottom