Why Bodycams are a Bad Idea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The cameras and recorders can make you or break you. In my last years on the job we had dash cameras. Not long after they were installed I was accused of jerking a guy out of his truck and slamming him to the ground. We had a chief at the time who was looking for reasons to fire me because of my ethics. He called me into his office to present me with the formal complaint and was smiling when he handed it to me with a suspension, pending investigation.

I told him that I had copies of the tape of the incident and it was BS. He watched the tape and it told a totally different story. He backed off on the complaint and suspension. I told him I wanted to file charges against the complainant for making a false report and complaint and he refused my request.

About three weeks later he got crossways with the city manager and got himself fired.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The cops could have handled that a lot better and I agree body cams are a great thing for cops. They will help protect the good ones and weed out the bad. Then cities will be forced to pay higher salaries to get good cops and keep them.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LEOs interact with the population (all reasons) over 61,000 times each day. Luckily the overwhelming majority are not like these dipsticks.

When LEOs screw up, there are consequences. The public/community must be able trust their and there is no way these two LEOs can be trusted. Good grief ... with every stop being on video, WTH were they thinking? The optic here is just sickening. I hope the family levels the city with a lawsuit.

Sadly, if this lady would have been black this would be a huge story with race pimps hustling to monetize some black buttocks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom