Why didn't I think of that ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Meeting in deer camp more than once coming from two different parts of the state and each of us driving our own trucks and then setting up a four man rated tent that still felt cramped for just two of us.........sure wish I'd thought of this back then.

rnt.png

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have made a tarp tent over my opened hatch back.
Made one over the bed of a truck .
But this 2 truck deal looks to beat all my rigged tents.
Very nice.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a bad idea but if the wind picked up it would be noisy AF inside there. When I used to off road I had a '72 K5 Blazer. With the top off I would lay the tailgate down and put an EZ Up over the cab/bed and lower it to just above the bed rails and it worked great for camping and didn't worry about snakes or foul weather.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not really redneck, but...nice and functional. I bought one of these a few years ago. Spent a week in the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness area in it in late September. Great camping trip and it worked really well. It also has a rain cover that isn't in place in this picture. I think at the time I bought it the whole thing was on sale for like $129 or so. I didn't think that was a bad deal at all.

20180811_173321.jpg

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not really redneck, but...nice and functional. I bought one of these a few years ago. Spent a week in the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness area in it in late September. Great camping trip and it worked really well. It also has a rain cover that isn't in place in this picture. I think at the time I bought it the whole thing was on sale for like $129 or so. I didn't think that was a bad deal at all.

View attachment 276105
I’ve looked at buying one. Was it pretty easy to set it up? Do you like it better than a traditional tent?

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It takes one person about 15 mins to completely set up. It's easier with 2 people and takes about 10 mins or so. I like it WAY better than a traditional tent. One downside to this model is it has an integrated floor. That means you have to empty the truck bed every time you set it up/tear it down. There are other models that don't include the floor. The upside is the floor comes in handy if it's rained and your truck bed is wet or snowy. It's a compromise. It's very nice being up off the ground a ways. Bears were a real possibility where I camped that week...and not the "wimpy" little black bears I was used to in Colorado...the real bears. Being in the truck bed offered a bit of protection. Plus, if you have a sliding rear window on your truck, you can get inside the truck quickly thru the tent window.

A picture of the inside of the bed area:

20180811_160910.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom