Why Do Christians Celebrate Halloween?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't realize people still thought this was the "real" debil's holiday. Halloween is my birthday, I guess I better pack my bags for hell pretty soon.

"Hell's got all the good bands, anyways....."

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Halloween- It's fun, if you're just dressing up going out to get some candy and do something different. Now if you're slaugherting dogs in a ritual, well then yeah there's something not right about that. But with that said, if you did that on Christmas it's still be wrong. It's what's in your heart and mind while your celebrating that makes it right or wrong.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess it's kind of old fashioned now but didn't preachers in the past apply the the story of Solomon to questions like this?

Last edited:

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Halloween is my birthday
Yours too? I was going to say, "Because it's my birthday", but you beat me to it. A few years ago, my daughter told me how lucky I was to be born on Halloween: "Daddy, you get everything good at once--cake, ice cream, presents, AND CANDY!!" Some of my friends say that my being born on Halloween "explains things" about me. I have no idea what they are talking about....

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Halloween is my dog's birthday! I celebrate by trying not to give all my candy away to kids, but if I do I just go to Wal-Mart early when it's 1/2 off and get me some of my own!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Halloween is more relevant to Christianity than Christmas... Read the book. Available at any hotel

Its a freeking time to dress up, and act crazy. I could care less what any religion has to say about it. Its fun, when we lived in town, we made the kids do tricks before getting their treats, had mini spook houses, had friends lay on the porch all bloodied by ketchup like zombies, and so on.
Its just a fun thing. I miss it living out in the country. Thats the only thing I miss living in the city.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its a freeking time to dress up, and act crazy. I could care less what any religion has to say about it. Its fun, when we lived in town, we made the kids do tricks before getting their treats, had mini spook houses, had friends lay on the porch all bloodied by ketchup like zombies, and so on.
Its just a fun thing. I miss it living out in the country. Thats the only thing I miss living in the city.

I think I've set a personal best record for "most posts deleted from a single thread" today... lol I miss living in the city sometimes too. Like when someone drives down my road out here, my initial thought is "Who the hall is driving down my road?!?" I was less paranoid in town

Latest posts

Top Bottom