Why do we need cell phones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Instead of adding to the spam on phone thread I will put this here.

I was talking with my neighbor yesterday and I told him why I feel everyone needs a cell phone.

It is because of what @Snattlerake posted in his rant.
I really think it is all related to our education system failing us not teaching the individual to think critically and the morals of the person not being followed that causes this behavior.

That is his quote.

Years ago you went to work got your work orders and went onto the job and got it done.
Many people today can't seem to get the jobs done. No critical thinking and many need to be baby sat.

Morals of people are in the gutter so you feel your children need the phone for protection.

I still hate cell phones and remain in the group that does not have one.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Technology, you either love it or hate it. Doesn't matter if it is cars, phones, computers, appliances.

Funny how folks will judiciously adopt technology where they want to though, such as computers, the internet, and forums, yet shun others forms of tech.

If you really want to be no tech, then be no tech... :)

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you ever had a car break down on you, or got in a position where you needed someone to come get you, or bring you cash, you probably realize that we've ALWAYS needed cell phones. It's just that back in the day (which was a Wednesday, btw...) they cost too much for most of us to be affordable. Electronics have gotten smaller and cheaper since the 60's.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not like cell phones, it is a means of being contacted and I don't like to be bothered sometimes when Im working on something, As a matter of fact, if people want to contact me-send me a letter so I can shred it after it's read. All these modern "conveniences" have their own set up and it's a a pain remembering all the details.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a behavior thing, I'm fine with my phone ringing and not answering it. My Dad couldn't stand for the land line to go unanswered, and then he would ***** about the phone solicitors. I told him many times that it was easy to check the caller ID and let it ring, he couldn't do it. He never used a cell phone, so the behavior was around before cell phones/smart phones. It's just more evident now...

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think cell phones can be a real boon as well as a real hindrance. See my avatar for the main reason I think they suck - not so much the phone itself, but when people use them!

Latest posts

Top Bottom