Why do we.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got back from a two week project in Atlanta. So I had a fair amount of time to just wonder....

Why do we drive 5 - 10 MPH over the speed limit, no matter where we are?

Why do we cuss? The words don't make any sense.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Profanity has always been mind boggling to me. Why are certain words, which are merely synonyms, taboo? Who decided this? Who decided which synonyms were acceptable and which ones were not?

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Profanity has always been mind boggling to me. Why are certain words, which are merely synonyms, taboo? Who decided this? Who decided which synonyms were acceptable and which ones were not?
I'm with you. Darn and dang are ok but damn is bad? Why? I teach my kids that certain words are socially inappropriate but not that they're bad. I don't care whether they call crap crap or whether they it ****. However, they also no where one is socially inappropriate (i.e. Church or School). I don't let them saw screwed or F because both are inappropriate for children. The one thing I cant stand is taking the Lord's name in vain. I am a Christian and the Bible is pretty clear about this, so yeah I don't like it. Still, I don't get in a huff or throw a fit when other people do it. I just make it clear to my kids that I don't think it's ok, ever.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I just got back from a two week project in Atlanta. So I had a fair amount of time to just wonder....

Why do we drive 5 - 10 MPH over the speed limit, no matter where we are?

Why do we cuss? The words don't make any sense.

You had some free time on your hands and this is what you came up with to fill that time??? Atlanta GA had nothing else to offer? :cool:

Latest posts

Top Bottom