Why do you use that powder for your handgun ammo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
H110 and W296 are equivalent...it's the same powder.
Thank you for seeing the joke............
Seems it offended others.
But I assumed a fella that built canyon jumpers for a hobby would of caught it, my bad. Guess I get my warning point back now.

Last edited:

Broncos

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the mid 80's the gunsmith that I worked for on Saturdays told me he'd teach me how to reload for my 45ACP and .357. He told me to get my bench and Rock Chucker set up and then go get dies, a pound of W231, some 158 gr. and 230 gr. jacketed bullets and a couple hundred Winch. primers for both. I picked up what he told me to get and he came over one Sunday and showed me how to reload .357 and 45ACP......I picked up bottle neck rifle cases on my own later beginning with the 6.5x55 Swedish round.

I shoot considerably more handgun now (especially 45ACP) than I do rifle cartridges and I have several suitable powders for handguns like W231, Unique, H110, 2400, Bullseye and CFE Pistol on hand but it seems like I can load just about anything I want with W231 and that's what I normally fall back on.

View attachment 275736
Accurate #2 works very well in my 9mm, 40 cal, and 45acp

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve only loaded for .357 and that was years back. Shortly after that I got deep into vintage levers and single-shots where I started casting & shooting competition. So my experience is severely limited - and where this question comes from.

Q: I don’t see any mention of HP-38 and since I recently found some I grabbed it for some recently acquired 38s; did I act too soon?

Last edited:

27Man

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started loading back in the early to mid 70s. Bullseye, Unique and 2400 were readily available where I lived and seemed to cover all my handgun loading needs. Still using them with an occasional excursion to 231 and AA5. AA9 in 38 Super seems to work well for me with Zero 115 JHPs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom