Why does anybody use facebook?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't understand all the hate for the games on FB, I have a huge mafia and a massive farm how else can all of my admirers show their admiration for me? Also I'm quite an accomplished special forces operator on there as well. Like I said in my first post, I'm pretty awesome

One of my old buddy's posts on FB awhile back:

I wonder if I can grow marijuana in Farm Town and sell it in Mafia Wars.

:rotflmao:

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I make my living using and programing state of the art industrial control systems.
I'm not a newb using the net nor any of the functions related to it.:bighug:

You mean ladder logic programming? As someone from a programming background who's done some RLL, that doesn't really count towards your "computer savvy" cred. Process control systems in general are really simple, and they were designed to be installed and configured by crotchety old engineers who used to hardwire control panels with actual physical relays.

However, if you've ever had to secure a PCS system you have my deepest sympathies. :)

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
that doesn't really count towards your "computer savvy" cred. Process control systems in general are really simple, and they were designed to be installed and configured by crotchety old engineers who used to hardwire control panels with actual physical relays.

That's why I asked about PLC's. I picked the Allen Bradleys up pretty decently in a few months worth of work either troubleshooting them or troubleshooting the network they were connected to at the school. "Decently" is enough to pass the course with flying colors if that was something I wanted to do.

I'd be much more inclined to go to law school just to say that I had a J.D. than to work on those all the time. That's actually one of the reasons I left my network/computer technician job at the school - I found out that while I enjoyed fixing on computers, I didn't enjoy it enough to want to do it 8-4... even if the benefits were good and the job was secure...

The PLC instructor kept trying to get me to do it and kept dangling the $$$ carrot in front of me (more than twice what I was making at the time, and the class would have cost me nothing), and I kept politely refusing.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's why I asked about PLC's. I picked the Allen Bradleys up pretty decently in a few months worth of work either troubleshooting them or troubleshooting the network they were connected to at the school. "Decently" is enough to pass the course with flying colors if that was something I wanted to do.

I'd be much more inclined to go to law school just to say that I had a J.D. than to work on those all the time. That's actually one of the reasons I left my network/computer technician job at the school - I found out that while I enjoyed fixing on computers, I didn't enjoy it enough to want to do it 8-4... even if the benefits were good and the job was secure...

The PLC instructor kept trying to get me to do it and kept dangling the $$$ carrot in front of me (more than twice what I was making at the time, and the class would have cost me nothing), and I kept politely refusing.

Ditto. If I had to do RLL or function block programming as a 9-5 job I would probably shoot myself. Programming by drawing pictures is unnatural.

Some of the higher end CMI gear (and I imagine Allen Bradley, Schneider, Siemens, etc) runs on ARM7, or even x86, so those are getting interesting from a security perspective but thankfully that kind of work doesn't involve RLL at all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom