Why does anybody use facebook?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i dont want to insult your intelligence, but you have to be aware of how things work on the interwebz. just dont go clicking on stuff. if somebody wants to add you and you dont know them, report it. myspace is horrible about spam, facebook, not so much. i think i have had 3 fakers try to add me in a couple years i have been on there. facebook is great to keep up with friends and family.

Check my response above.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Employers and LEO's are using them to bust people.
Just saw a news thing yesterday where a detective that goes after parole violaters says these sites are like hitting a gold mine.

I'll never get on there again for the above reasons..... Send me an email or contact me on OSA.

Got something to Hide? J/K

As a parent I get on there to see what is going on in the on line world. Think it is great that LEOs are busting criminals, especially when they try and dupe the system or other people by using technology.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am against facebook for anything but business, charity, or political work. Why in the hell would you put personal info on the web?

I'll give you this......BUT!

In a different sort of way, we give a little bit of our personal business away here on OSA.

BUT! not to the level that those on the social networking sites give up every function of their lives including times to crap.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I enjoy Facebook. Not in a high school, gotta chat with everyone every night kind of way. But just to keep tabs with close friends.

From the perspective of a 19 year old... And this is common, I help my mom ALL the time on Facebook...

Stay away from applications, and you'll be fine. I don't play Farmville, Frontierville, Mafia Wars, Aquarium World, or any of the other endless games that leach productivity away for the American economy. I don't "Like" something just so that I can get entered into a drawing for a free iPad. I rarely add friends, I don't speak in groups, and I don't click thinks that I can't guarantee the origin of. There are maybe 5 people that I talk to on a regular basis. No problems here.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I enjoy Facebook. Not in a high school, gotta chat with everyone every night kind of way. But just to keep tabs with close friends.

From the perspective of a 19 year old... And this is common, I help my mom ALL the time on Facebook...

Stay away from applications, and you'll be fine. I don't play Farmville, Frontierville, Mafia Wars, Aquarium World, or any of the other endless games that leach productivity away for the American economy. I don't "Like" something just so that I can get entered into a drawing for a free iPad. I rarely add friends, I don't speak in groups, and I don't click thinks that I can't guarantee the origin of. There are maybe 5 people that I talk to on a regular basis. No problems here.

Ok,, but could you not do the same thing with an email? post pics, etc?

Neil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I deleted my facebook account yesterday. I grew sick and tired of them taking liberties with my privacy.

I was browsing peopleofwalmart.com and noticed that the ad on the right side of the screen showed profile pictures from Facebook. No big deal, except that they were people I knew. No big deal except that I had just deleted my cache and cookies, including LSO cookies. They *still* found a way to invade my privacy. It pissed me off enough that I deleted my account. Here is the link in case anyone wants to follow suit:

https://ssl.facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=delete_account

Latest posts

Top Bottom