Why does anybody use facebook?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My account's not active right now, but it was neat to catch up with people I went to high school with overseas (dad was in the USAF).

When I was on FB, I would tell all of my friends to change their browser's security settings to prompt for 3rd party cookies. You would not believe how many requests you'll get for cookies to be saved on your machine. Just make sure you check the box to remember the setting for any given cookie and you won't see all the targeted advertising, etc.

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use it because everyone needs to know every step I take and people really care when I'm standing in line at the grocery store or if I stubbed my toe when i took a leak in the middle of the night. You could say I suffer from narcissism but I really am that awesome

LOL...reminds me of this:

ai291.photobucket.com_albums_ll306_Teeeroy_bucket_Temp_TwitterVenndiagram.png

TheSanDiegoKid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use it because everyone needs to know every step I take and people really care when I'm standing in line at the grocery store or if I stubbed my toe when i took a leak in the middle of the night. You could say I suffer from narcissism but I really am that awesome

Then you sir need TWITTER! I tweet dang near everything.

Cavagan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok,, but could you not do the same thing with an email? post pics, etc?

I still say, could the family do the same thing with an email??
I communicate with people all over the world myself.

Couldn't you do the same with the Dial-In Bulletin Board system?

Couldn't you do the same with snail-mail and a few stamps?

It's not so much about the ability to share content, it's about the method. You can't really "Social Network" with email. Not saying I like or dislike it, just saying.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most people that use it don't post that often on it. I use it mainly to share photo's I take during my travels to Alaska/Canada. Plus other random pics I take around Oklahoma. If you don't want people to know what your doing then it's very simple, don't post it. Their is absolutely no requirement that you ever post anything at all. It's up to each individual user.

Latest posts

Top Bottom