Why does anybody use facebook?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i dont want to insult your intelligence, but you have to be aware of how things work on the interwebz. just dont go clicking on stuff. if somebody wants to add you and you dont know them, report it. myspace is horrible about spam, facebook, not so much. i think i have had 3 fakers try to add me in a couple years i have been on there. facebook is great to keep up with friends and family.

I agree completely, especially after the OP stated "no password required". If you for ANY kind of account anywhere your going to have a password. I use Facebook daily and have never had a problem, but I stick to the facebook stuff, and not all the dumb games and apps. from outside the site.
I have found tons of my old friends, and have reconnected with a lot of great people.

dak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Deleted mine when the site went public and not just for people with .edu emails.

Facebook = stalking
MySpace = craigslist for people
Twitter = talking to yourself or to other people that enjoy doing that same thing

Police9901

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use FB to stay in touch with my folks back home, and my brothers deployed downrange. I have Norton 360 installed, no issues. I do have my privacy settings on max though and only friends can see my personal stuff and photos.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Deleted mine when the site went public and not just for people with .edu emails.

Facebook = stalking
MySpace = craigslist for people
Twitter = talking to yourself or to other people that enjoy doing that same thing

Times change. Check out the advanced security settings. If you don't want people to find you it's as easy as checking a box or two. It can be as open or as private as you want...

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couldn't you do the same with the Dial-In Bulletin Board system?

Couldn't you do the same with snail-mail and a few stamps?

It's not so much about the ability to share content, it's about the method. You can't really "Social Network" with email. Not saying I like or dislike it, just saying.

Don't forget about Morse code, teletype and the pony express. :)

Bryan

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The file size of video clips I post, for family back east to see, are too big to send in an email. Much easier doing it on facebook. Never had any problems on facebook. I just ignore all those game requests from people I get.

Latest posts

Top Bottom