Why does my dog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bring 2 or 3 pieces of her food into the living room, drop them on the floor then go back into the kitchen and eat. When she is done eating she will come back in the living room and eat what she left.

Kinda funny our previous dog did the same thing.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your dog is saying "look here at this crap you're making me eat. I'll eat it, just because it's that or starve, but you're going to endure the look and smell for a bit before I force myself to consume it for sustenance. Enjoy, jackass! I'll be back in a minute for it... because I have to."

Did you feed your previous dog the same stuff, that might be why....

That's just a theory.... :rollingla

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of my dogs will take a few kibbles from her dinner and lie down nearby, and spit the kibbles out in front of her. She’ll then contemplate the kibbles for a while before eating them one by one.

But as soon as one of the other dogs finishes eating and comes over to eye her dish, she’ll jump up and start eating like a normal dog.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Out of the blue about a year ago my 11yo lab started leaving about 3 -5 pieces in his dish. He'd run over to one of our maple trees and take a leak and then come back and finish lol. He has been doing it everyday since the first time exact same routine.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ours will frequently bring two or three pieces into the living room and eat them, then go back to her bowl and finish up. It's not unusual for us to find a stray piece laying around in the living room, like she left it there 'just in case.'

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I worked for an auto supply company there was a co-worker that did some crazy stuff. He got back from lunch and parked his car in a diagonal stall, got out, got back in got out shutting the door. He then opened the door, rolled down the window, rolled it back up then locked the door and came in.

We at the sales counter watched with great interest every day at this man's quirks secretly laughing about it and never mentioning it to him. He was a really nice fellow and I would never hurt or embarrass him in any way. He was just a curiosity in life we all enjoyed.

My point, I guess we all have some quirks, even dogs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom