Why doesn’t Smith and Wesson make a…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Good thoughts on this thread. I think if I want to shoot .45acp out of a revolver I may just try to find a smith and Wesson Governor. Then I have even more calibers I could shoot.

but…. Smith and Wesson makes a .357 that shoots 8 rounds, surely they could make a .45acp that shoots 5. Doesn’t have to be a J frame though.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The 24-3 in 44spl is about the closest option that won’t break the bank. Handloaders could load 45acp-ish power. Adjustable sights and no moon clips
D31306CA-307B-4AEB-B56A-27C02BA00515.jpeg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good thoughts on this thread. I think if I want to shoot .45acp out of a revolver I may just try to find a smith and Wesson Governor. Then I have even more calibers I could shoot.

but…. Smith and Wesson makes a .357 that shoots 8 rounds, surely they could make a .45acp that shoots 5. Doesn’t have to be a J frame though.
You just keep bring up guns that I really want but really don’t “need”. I’m afraid if I ever get a Governor in my hand I will buy it.:censored:

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm officially out of the 45acp business. Not because I 'hate' the round, it's because I already have so many other options. Plus, it was a rare day that I carried a 45acp.

Still have 22LR, 22Mag, .380, 38spec, 9mm, and .40 in pistol calibers. That's enough for me. Your results may vary.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm officially out of the 45acp business. Not because I 'hate' the round, it's because I already have so many other options. Plus, it was a rare day that I carried a 45acp.

Still have 22LR, 22Mag, .380, 38spec, 9mm, and .40 in pistol calibers. That's enough for me. Your results may vary.
I’m trying to get out of 40, but I still have a G23 and am holding on to some ammo just in case. As for 45, I’m way to heavily vested to get out now, so I might as well buy a revolver in that caliber too.:anyone:

I have a bunch 22 Mag ammo and don’t even own a gun in that caliber anymore, but I might again…some day…

It’s official now that I’m on the hunt for a Smith 325 night guard, and if my wife gets mad, I’m blaming it on Panhandleglocker.:rolleyes2

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 24-3 in 44spl is about the closest option that won’t break the bank. Handloaders could load 45acp-ish power. Adjustable sights and no moon clips
View attachment 211037
:drooling::drooling::drooling::drooling::drooling:

The last gun show I went to a guy had a PAIR of NIB Lew Hortons. $775 each a .44 and a .41 mag. I seriously contemplated buying them both. Been kicking my own ass ever since. :(

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:drooling::drooling::drooling::drooling::drooling:

The last gun show I went to a guy had a PAIR of NIB Lew Hortons. $775 each a .44 and a .41 mag. I seriously contemplated buying them both. Been kicking my own ass ever since. :(
I don’t know how long it’s been since you went to that gun show, but they would probably be at least double that price now.
I saw a used Smith 657 Lew Horton listed recently for $1800.:ooh2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom