Why has the cook been taken off Cream of Wheat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I especially like the commercial about car insurance where the singing hood ornament has the brains, and the Black guy has the brawn.

Hard to believe that one hasn't been pulled yet...............🤔

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
boxes just recently? This was a handsome man in cook whites. Aren't people of color good enough to even put on cereal boxes? People have gotten totally goofy all about nothing.

In September, 2020, B&G Foods announced that images of the Cream of Wheat chef will be removed from packaging. The food manufacturer announced in June that it was reviewing the packaging after widespread protests against systemic racism pushed several companies to re-evaluate their branding. "While research indicates the image may be based upon an actual Chicago chef named Frank White, it reminds some consumers of earlier depictions they find offensive," B&G Foods said in a statement.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I especially like the commercial about car insurance where the singing hood ornament has the brains, and the Black guy has the brawn.

Hard to believe that one hasn't been pulled yet...............🤔

You're right. I hadn't thought of it that way.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could it be that POC don't want to be displayed in inferior humble occupations like cook? I fail to see how Uncle Ben pictured on the rice box was "racist". Wheaties back in the 1990's put famous black American athletes like Dion Sanders on the cereal box. Nobody ever complained about that, though. Oh, but that's different. POC on Wheaties are displayed as highly-paid professional athletes and probably have a deal with General Mills too. It's glamorous to be an athlete on Wheaties but not a maid on Aunt Jemima boxes or a cook on Cream of Wheat boxes. Ok, maybe that's it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom