Why haven't my checks cleared yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. NFA Items: SBR GSG-5, TAC 65 Suppressor
2. Form Types: Form 1, Form 4
4. Forms Sent: 6-14-10
5. Check Cleared: ???
6. Pending Date: ???
7. Approved Date: ???
8. Forms Received: ???
9. Examiner Name:???

I have read old threads and it looks like your checks generally clear within a week or so. The Major sent my stuff over a week ago. No sign of checks clearing. Should I call them and see what's up?

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with the ATF. They have no record of my stuff. Guess that explains it. I contacted the Major and he said he would check into it. As plug for Bryon....I say the man is top shelf. That is why I used his services, and that is why I will use his services again. Thanks Lt. Colonel sir.

Mike

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
During the blizzards I (actually Maj.) sent off a packet. The NFA branch was shut down at that time due to the blizzards. It took 18 days before my check was cashed. But the entire process door to door was still only 75 days. My fastest was 60 days door to door, from me sending in the paperwork to me taking possesion of my NFA Item.

Good luck with it, I hope you get it soon.

blackknight22

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys since first of the year I have seen some of the checks take upwards of 30 days to make it back to the bank. It can at times be 3-4 weeks after the check is cashed before it goes pending. Things are running slow at NFA these days.

MAJ MALFUNCTION

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mike,

I managed to get a hold of my examiner right before the ATF closed today - she said the same thing, no record of the Form 4 going to data entry yet.

She did mention that they've been really slammed lately and are a bit behind lately (and not to worry).

In may experience 1-3 weeks is a normal time frame for a Form 4 packet to "show up" on the ATF's radar after we've sent it in.

I know the wait sucks, but we're still inside of the normal timeframe (if you paperwork has not been through data entry by the end on next week, then it's time to push the panic button).

Latest posts

Top Bottom