Why I dont noodle for fish ~Somewhat graphic~

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont know about the authenticity of this photo but are you saying this doesnt happen?
I don't believe the pic of the finger, but my son at 9 or 10, I don't remember(he's 45 now) got 1/3 of his index finger bitten off by a snapping turtle. He and a buddy were at the pond with their bb guns, and were messing with one about the size of the one in the pic. Bit him, and he beat it on the head with his gun getting him to release it. Just held on by a piece of skin. It was successfully reattached, so yes it can happen.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone can paste four pictures together and "create" a story. Hell that's what post #6 is all about. Does that mean a snapping turtle cant bit off a mans finger. No. A snapper can do that. But the OP wished to convey that that particular man's finger was removed by that particular snapping turtle. But there is no actual evidence that it did. The evidence is simply implied from the pictures. Find a real story and post it... this is in fact "fake news" like YG called it. It is the equivalent of this thread having started by "Hey dudes on OSA! wouldn't it be the shiznit if a giant snapper bit off a guys finger?"

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you ever been tubing again after that? I love tube fishing in watershed lakes and have fished in them since the 70's when I was in college. I have never had any experience with snappers and sure hope I dont.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My only experience with tubing with critters was a big water snake that wanted to use my tube to get out of the water.
Hint: don't hit them with your rod if they are swimming at you. They panic and want out of the water. YOU are the closest source.
Gently move them away with the rod tip for the win.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Have you ever been tubing again after that? I love tube fishing in watershed lakes and have fished in them since the 70's when I was in college. I have never had any experience with snappers and sure hope I dont.
ya I love tubing and still do but I always I have my fins on. That's the only time I have ever had any trouble and that was just because had nothing on my feet and my white toes was going back and fourth a few inches from bottom

Latest posts

Top Bottom