Why I like Tractor Supply

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to tractor supply to get a couple things and when I was checking out when the manager asked me if I needed a battery. She said I’ll give it to you for half of the 84.99 price. I responded with 35. She said 40. I said 35 again and she said 40. I told her I really didn’t need it and was ready to pay, then told the cashier I would take the battery. She said ok, I’ll give it to you for 35.

It’s on the trickle/pulse charger now, fingers crossed. Funny thing is I’ve been looking at batteries for the Jeep for a while but it’s battery load test good, so I haven’t pulled the trigger until today.

I also picked up a couple LED flashlights that were on clearance for $5 each.

05B5A92D-93D1-4DDD-9779-C7BE82109E4E.jpeg

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Score. I went to look at batteries for my Cummins a O Reiley's and it was going to set me back about 450 for the pair with taxes. I still got my old ones. ;7(
I’ve been getting my batteries at Atwoods. They haven’t jacked up their prices like everyone else, yet anyway.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like TSC and you made out well with that deal.

TSC isn't a great store, but a good store. My problem is with the staff at most of the stores. They're always polite and try to be helpful but rarely do they seem to know what they're doing. Especially when it comes to checkout and applying my rewards. They **** it up every time. And I usually wind up explaining to them what their own store policy is regarding rewards. I almost hate going in there because of it.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like TSC and you made out well with that deal.

TSC isn't a great store, but a good store. My problem is with the staff at most of the stores. They're always polite and try to be helpful but rarely do they seem to know what they're doing. Especially when it comes to checkout and applying my rewards. They **** it up every time. And I usually wind up explaining to them what their own store policy is regarding rewards. I almost hate going in there because of it.
I’ve been on the reward program since the store opened near me a couple years ago. I’ve seen no benefits.

What I do like is if you talk to the right employee, they price match a lot of places, like Amazon once, and when they clearance stuff they want it gone. I bought all the 5 quart jugs of Mobil 1 synthetic oil a few months ago. They marked it down to 12.99.

Otherwise, the prices they have on stuff is rather high compared to other places.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve been on the reward program since the store opened near me a couple years ago. I’ve seen no benefits.

What I do like is if you talk to the right employee, they price match a lot of places, like Amazon once, and when they clearance stuff they want it gone. I bought all the 5 quart jugs of Mobil 1 synthetic oil a few months ago. They marked it down to 12.99.

Otherwise, the prices they have on stuff is rather high compared to other places.
I didn’t know I was on the rewards program until the cashier asked me if I wanted my $10 off reward on my last purchase. :anyone:

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You stole that battery i just gave $200 for a battery for one of my mowers, wish the battery box was bigger or had the room to make it bigger so i could go with a different size battery for it.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to tractor supply to get a couple things and when I was checking out when the manager asked me if I needed a battery. She said I’ll give it to you for half of the 84.99 price. I responded with 35. She said 40. I said 35 again and she said 40. I told her I really didn’t need it and was ready to pay, then told the cashier I would take the battery. She said ok, I’ll give it to you for 35.

It’s on the trickle/pulse charger now, fingers crossed. Funny thing is I’ve been looking at batteries for the Jeep for a while but it’s battery load test good, so I haven’t pulled the trigger until today.

I also picked up a couple LED flashlights that were on clearance for $5 each.

View attachment 294261
year old battery hopfully it didnt sit dead

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
bought one from academy for the boat the same type deal... BOY i paid the price for that was bad from the git go!
Yeah, if it’s bad I’m taking it back. It’s charging and I’m going to load test after the charger indicates it’s fully charged. I have an electronic charger that tells me if a cell is bad. It hasn’t tests bad yet.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You stole that battery i just gave $200 for a battery for one of my mowers, wish the battery box was bigger or had the room to make it bigger so i could go with a different size battery for it.
I try the same with all my stuff. I install the biggest battery that will fit in the battery holder. And sometimes modify the holder for a bigger battery.

Latest posts

Top Bottom