Why I like Tractor Supply

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been on the reward program since the store opened near me a couple years ago. I’ve seen no benefits.

I have their credit card so I get 5% back on every purchase with occasional double point offers.

I have $40 in rewards to use by the end of Aug. I dread going into the store and trying to redeem them, though, because they just can't seem to figure out their own program.

I get two free one-day trailer rentals every quarter, too. I've used that deal once...worked out well.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Local store tried to tell me they don't do same day delivery. I have had same day delivery from them in the past. Just the people that do deliveries don't want to do them unless they have enough to make it worth while.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a chicken coop from them a couple months back and 3/4 the way through building it I discovered they gave me two left sided parts instead of 1 left and 1 right. Drove down with the two left parts in hand and the idiot manager told me I’d have to bring the half built one back for an exchange with one of the other three they had in stock. I told him that was ridiculous and why not just give me the one part I need from one of the other boxes. He said “because then I’d have one I couldn’t sell”. I told him weather I bring you my defective one or you give me the part I need from one here you’re still going to have one you can’t sell. He just had this blank look on his face and couldn’t begin to understand. What a dope.

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like buying batteries from Tractor Supply.
But I've only bought their 'Coin Batteries'....
You know? the little round shiny bastards that Dubya-Mart sells a 2 pack of for $8?
TS has a whole card of like 50 for 5 or 6 bucks. (At least they did last year).
You only get 3 or 4 sizes (which may ) (or may not) stack into your 'device' ('depending').
But the 'guy' assured me that they are pretty much the same as the expensive coin batteries-
because only a few places make them all....like 'Rayovac'...(which I think may've been bought out
by 'Energizer'.
I HAVE gotten some fairly decent Truck/Auto Battery deals from Atwoods....although not since
the 'Biden Administration' (AKA total Commie takeover).

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to tractor supply to get a couple things and when I was checking out when the manager asked me if I needed a battery. She said I’ll give it to you for half of the 84.99 price. I responded with 35. She said 40. I said 35 again and she said 40. I told her I really didn’t need it and was ready to pay, then told the cashier I would take the battery. She said ok, I’ll give it to you for 35.

It’s on the trickle/pulse charger now, fingers crossed. Funny thing is I’ve been looking at batteries for the Jeep for a while but it’s battery load test good, so I haven’t pulled the trigger until today.

I also picked up a couple LED flashlights that were on clearance for $5 each.

View attachment 294261

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like TSC and you made out well with that deal.

TSC isn't a great store, but a good store. My problem is with the staff at most of the stores. They're always polite and try to be helpful but rarely do they seem to know what they're doing. Especially when it comes to checkout and applying my rewards. They **** it up every time. And I usually wind up explaining to them what their own store policy is regarding rewards. I almost hate going in there because of it.

The one is Ada is not that bad of a store, I just think its location sucks, I have a strong dislike for that parking lot LOL. I know thats a odd thing but that entire shopping center I tend to avoid.

I am also more of a Orscheln's and Atwoods guy.

Litte side note that building used to be a walmart before the move to its current location, before that walmart was located where Pruitts is.

I wish Otasco was still around, now that was a cool place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom