1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Why I love this vaccine

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dale00, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Dale00

Dale00 Sharpshooter

The COVID vaccines are a reason to celebrate. The epidemic is about to end and we have a technology now to quickly develop vaccines whenever needed very quickly. This is very good news. (If you have fallen down the anti-Vaxxer rabbit hole, I am not trying to argue you out of it...you’ll have to climb out on your own)
    Here are some great insights into the revolution we are experiencing which will benefit us.

Aku, crrcboatz, HoLeChit and 2 others like this.
  2. Lurkerinthewoods

Lurkerinthewoods Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
  3. rc508pir

rc508pir Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Reynolds Wrap has made a killin this last year

D. Hargrove, okcBob and druryj like this.
  4. TerryMiller

TerryMiller Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    My understanding is that these vaccines will only protect one for a few months. Thus, as far as I am concerned, they aren't a true vaccine.

Wife and I have been taking two vitamin C tablets a day along with a vitamin D3 and some amount of zinc in our multivitamin. We've had absolutely no issues with Covid in spite of seldom ever wearing masks.

She had an upper GI performed this morning and had to get a Covid test before the procedure. Apparently it turned out as negative, which isn't a surprise to us. We aren't even getting any flu symptoms or even colds.

5. DRC458

DRC458 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Actually, that's a vast improvement. I remember when he looked like this .....

NP.jpg

6. Cowcatcher

Cowcatcher Unarmed boating accident survivor

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I’m not trying to influence anyone to get a shot or not. However, vaccines aren’t cures and if you believe this epidemic will go away because of a vaccine, well then you are down a rabbit hole you need to crawl out of on your own.

7. HoLeChit

HoLeChit Semper Fidelis

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I don't really care about a vaccine or the effectiveness, whatever. I am just ready for things to be back to normal. If this vaccine is what gets us there, then I am all for it. Still don't know if I am gonna get it though.

beardking and TwoForFlinching like this.
  8. TwoForFlinching

TwoForFlinching Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Agreed. Herd immunization only works if the herd participates as a whole. Given the wild statistics of how many won't opt in for the shot, and the cyclical way they're administering it, we'll be rolling down this trend every year for a while until everybody has had one or the other. Then it'll just be the cold some assume it is.

9. OKCHunter

OKCHunter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Don’t forget the inevitable booster that will be needed next year if herd immunity is not achieved.

Aku and Fade2blue like this.
  10. Dale00

Dale00 Sharpshooter

The news media never rests in their search for bad news .....this includes anyone who speculates something bad that might happen with the vaccines.
    It's no wonder so many people are skeptical of something that is a near miracle.
    Hang on folks we'll get out of this subterfuge fairly soon....better times ahead.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
    DavidMcMillan likes this.