Why is Guymon not the hottest place to live right now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seafood and Taco Shop. That’s the name when you Google it at least.

Locals call it “SeafoodTaco”
I ate there once or twice. I really can't remember the meal.

If you really want something different, go to the Pub on the highway next to the Best Western and order a Monte Christo sandwich for lunch. I always had them add a dollop of Grey Poupon.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I ate there once or twice. I really can't remember the meal.

If you really want something different, go to the Pub on the highway next to the Best Western and order a Monte Christo sandwich for lunch. I always had them add a dollop of Grey Poupon.

That place is also for sale. I’ve never been a fan of that restaurant to be honest with you.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I miss Yesterday’s diner and dragin’ Main on a Friday night.
Mr Burger’s jalapeño (Rex) chicken dinner is better than Rex’s Chicken here in the Tulsa area.

Yeah I wish Yesterday’s didn’t get sold and demolished. That was a good place to eat.

Mr. Burger Jalapeño Chicken is still fantastic but I must say it’s 10x better at the Hooker location. The Guymon restaurant gets greedy since the owner is sometimes in there and I think they don’t give you as much food. Hooker normally gives you your money’s worth since the owner rarely goes over there.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago at work I received a memo concerning one of my projects. It was from our environmental branch and it said, “There is a LUST site at the Loves Country store in Hooker Oklahoma.” I thought about sending it to Johnny Carson show.

You deal with leaking underground storage tanks? Those can be a real issue here in OK.

Bigcatrecovery

Marksman
Reaction score
I live in Guymon. It’s alright… nothing to great. Smells like pig crap and there’s not a lot of jobs to choose from. We have some pretty good hunting up here. Elk, Deer, pheasant, dove, etc… not a lot of wild pigs though. I will say I like the dry summers more than that humid stuff the rest of y’all have. Oh and yeah, our winters can be pretty rough. Fun fact, Boise City is 1000’ higher than Guymon in elevation. I also might add our housing market is absolute sh*t. The same kind of house down in, let’s say Mustang would sell for I’m guessing $50,000 more up here.

But yeah, I can eat breakfast at IHOP in Liberal, KS and then go eat dinner at… umm… well there’s not that many great options in Perryton. To be honest there’s not really a lot of great food options in Guymon either other than our REALLY good Mexican Restaurants.

Being closer to the mountains is nice. If we want anything a big town has though we have to go to Garden City, KS or Amarillo, TX. Both a 2 hour drive.

I guess people are finally doing the demographic study (if that’s what you want to call it) and they found out Guymon actually serves 70,000 people so hopefully that gets us some more stuff brought into town. I just want one decent chain restaurant for crying out loud.

The biggest positive for me with living up here is it keeps me from saying “I’ll take it” to almost every good deal that pops up here on OSA. Oh and the local shooting range is a lot better than anything y’all have down there. (Sorry) I talked to a gentleman a few weeks ago that was visiting and he said the range beats the hell out of OKC Gun Club (Arcadia?).

Me and my wife have very good jobs here too so that keeps us here. If we ever lose them we will most likely move to Enid.

I also might add that most state politicians forget about us until it’s time for election. Somedays I wish the Panhandle could annex into Texas.
I thought everyone moved to Guyon for the oil field work. Probably not so hot right now but it will come back as it always does

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I thought everyone moved to Guyon for the oil field work. Probably not so hot right now but it will come back as it always does

I work in the Oil & Gas industry in the area. Not much oil. Still quite a bit of gas still.

I think there’s still a lot under there, it hasn’t been properly explored again with the technology we have nowadays. Last real big boom I think was the 70’s or 80’s.

Latest posts

Top Bottom