Why is there a 22LR ammo shortage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just spoke with a knowledgeable employee at the south BA Walmart; he said that people are coming into the store at four o'clock in the morning to buy whatever .22 ammo they get in that day. I mean, really?

Sounds like the manager needs to have them hold it in the back until 1:30 pm, when the jack wagons might be at work.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like the manager needs to have them hold it in the back until 1:30 pm, when the jack wagons might be at work.

I know in Edmond at one time an employee was randomly putting it out during his shift, so there would 'plenty' and not all sold in the first 30 mins. Don't know that it's still happening though. I35 WM

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know in Edmond at one time an employee was randomly putting it out during his shift, so there would 'plenty' and not all sold in the first 30 mins. Don't know that it's still happening though. I35 WM

Sounds like the bulk 550ct .22 you scored the other day, that just happened to be accidentally behind a 250rd case of .45.... *cough cough* you had to have got some employees' stash, lol.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like the bulk 550ct .22 you scored the other day, that just happened to be accidentally behind a 250rd case of .45.... *cough cough* you had to have got some employees' stash, lol.

Ya, but I didn't know it was there! It was a once in a blue moon score!!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

In Edmond, the I35 Wallys is still putting it out at 7AM when there are people waiting in line. With school being out, I had the opportunity to get in there early.....no joy - I haven't seen bulk .22 in a good while.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hoarders.
I have a cousin that has probably 20K rounds of .22 Fed Bulk. He doesn't even own a .22.

I've asked him WTF so many times I get tired of hearing myself.

Its just his thing, I guess, and won't sell a box.

20k rounds of .22 is hording or not depending on your point of view.

don't forget we all had our warning in form of first scare at beginning of Obama's first term.
after things calmed down after first scare .. things pretty much went back to normal pricing.
that's when I started to plow back ammo/powder/bullets, etc.

it didn't happen all at once .. every trip to walmart brought home a few bricks of .22 and/or .9mm bulk pack, .45, etc.
then lucked out and bought out a couple of retiring gunsmiths who had no kids .. hit the mother lode on one trip.
basically inheriting a lifetime accumulation of reloading supplies.

have not purchased a single bullet since this scare started ..
have not sold anything either .. who would have thunk .22lr the most of all ammo would still be scarce a year later.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even though it is against the rules, it sure is funny seeing some of these re-sellers being called out for their BS prices in their classified threads. Unfortunately, those posts get deleted and some poor soul still buys the overpriced ammo.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even though it is against the rules, it sure is funny seeing some of these re-sellers being called out for their BS prices in their classified threads. Unfortunately, those posts get deleted and some poor soul still buys the overpriced ammo.

I don't disagree ... :( However, if we left those posts I guarantee you we'd get a dozen complaints from sellers about ads getting "free bumps" ... IIRC that is what precipitated the "NO BS rule" way, way, way back when ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom