Why isn't this woman in jail?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Watch the video. The cyclist rode straight thru a red light.

From the oncoming driver's perspective the cyclist was hidden by the line of cars at the intersection. Like the saying goes "he just appeared out of nowhere". So the cyclist was hidden from view, rode thru a red light, and the driver probably had little/no time to react.

1) The cyclist won the life-lottery that day, and should be very thankful he could walk away.
2) If the driver didn't stop (and left the scene of the accident), then yes - there's a wrong.

In all honesty, I'm not sure what the driver could have done.
Jail? no. ....Should the driver have stopped? Yes.
But people do panic/freak-out in situations like that.
Stop!! It is hit and run if you do not stop, makes zero difference whether she was at fault for the accident. Why did she leave? Makes my suspicious mind start popping off in all sorts of directions , mainly was she DUI.

Method

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, if you hit someone for any reason (in the case of the South Dakota AG he actually killed the man walking on the side of the road) one should absolutely stop.

Last edited:

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To be absolutely clear: I agree, she should have stopped. That is not in question.
I do not condone or rationalize a hit-and-run.

..... In all honesty, I'm not sure what the driver could have done.
Jail? no. ....Should the driver have stopped? Yes.
But people do panic/freak-out in situations like that.

In my opinion, she obviously panicked and left the scene.
I hope she turns herself in, as it's better for everyone.

Next question:
What charges should the cyclist have? Is he responsible for all damages?

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about a little sympathy for the DRIVER! Did anyone stop to think MAYBE she was **** FACED drunk and didn't even notice. Seriously though although I hope she's hung out to dry, it's hard to have sympathy for these bike riders that want the rights of a motor vehicle but also want to ignore lights and stop signs, drive on the shoulder, split lanes etc.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...Did anyone stop to think MAYBE she was **** FACED drunk and didn't even notice. Seriously though although I hope she's hung out to dry, ....

Are you insinuating the car driver was (possibly) drunk, or the cyclist?
Are we positive alcohol is related here? Or is this purely speculation?

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm torn on this one. On one hand, she's a Dem and she's obviously not a good person (or driver), but on the other hand it was a cyclist so....

shrug-house.gif

Oh my . . . :)

I see I'm not the only driver annoyed by folks riding bicycles on Waterloo Rd, etc.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We can speculate on why she failed to stop and report the accident, but without evidence it's not going to matter. They're both guilty but neither one of them got hurt. They should both pay their fines and let the insurance company handle the civil side.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Next question:
What charges should the cyclist have? Is he responsible for all damages?
I think the only reasonable punishment is death by firing squad. It was a relatively mild crime, and should be a relatively mild punishment. As cyclists lives aren't worth much, this would satisfy the road gods.

Latest posts

Top Bottom